The Harry Kane Team 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lack of character. Nothing new about that when talking about Spurs of course, but it has to be the most worrying part for Pochetino, as far as I am concerned. Exactly because he's had much more time working there than Guardiola at City. The difference between the 2 teams in terms of confidence, personality etc, was huge, even though City's energy levels were far from ideal tonight. Which was expected, they could not have been, as simple as that...

Despite clear instructions of establishing a rational build up from the back, the Spurs players failed to deliver. Very rarely did they feel comfortable on the pitch, on the contrary they seemed uncertain in their moves w / wo the ball in most parts of the match. Lack of communication, wrong decision making, misplacing passes, easily losing battles, occasionally panicking etc, you name it. Totenham cannot handle the pressure, tonight's performance was clearly another sign of a fragile mentality...

I seriously doubt they believed much in themselves tonight. I mean from the beginning. Watching the match I could not control my frustration with the amount of opportunities City wasted. But at the same I never felt any kind of fear with their game. Just frustration and nervousness: as long as it remained 1-0 anything could have happened, we've experienced it million times. And the moment Kevin scored the 2nd they completely surrendered. Last season's match at the same stadium was a different story, wasn't it? Which shows you the level of progress the team has achieved under Guardiola. Despite physical fatigue, the team individually as well as a unit never lost its determination, fighting spirit, high work-rate, composure, organisation, control of the match. City players knew they had Spurs in their pockets...

There's no doubt Totenham have indeed improved under Pochetino. But as long as he fails to deal effectively with the mental issue, his team will never make the bigger step. As it stands, challenging for a top 4 position will remain Spurs' realistic objective. In order to be more ambitious, you need consistency. Which in turn requires a different mentality...

If their season continues this way it's all gonna go tits up in the summer. Their players are already dragging their feet about signing new contracts cos of their shit wages and if they end up outside the top 4 I can see a mass exodus happening. Which of course would be piss funny watching their team implode having spunked £800 million on a new stadium.

I thought this was the season they were to supposed to challenge for the title and finally win trophies.

Currently 21 points behind 1st. So happy we beat them today. Almost as good as beating the rags given events in recent times, 2-2 draw, big club comments, offside goals, etc.

They are a mentally weak club managed by a mentally weak manager that has never won anything and has been living in Pep’s shadow for years.

What happened to Alli?? Supposedly a £100m midfielder, looks useless when he is not scoring.

They have a brutal run of games end of January/beginning of February.

Southampton (A)- Sunday
Rags (H)- Wednesday
Liverpool (A)- Saturday
Arsenal (H)- Saturday
Juventus (A)- Tuesday

Don’t see them getting passed Juve and at this point they could easily miss top 4.

Looking forward to the mass exodus there next summer. I hate them.

I thought this was the season they were to supposed to challenge for the title and finally win trophies.

Currently 21 points behind 1st. So happy we beat them today. Almost as good as beating the rags given events in recent times, 2-2 draw, big club comments, offside goals, etc.

They are a mentally weak club managed by a mentally weak manager that has never won anything and has been living in Pep’s shadow for years.

What happened to Alli?? Supposedly a £100m midfielder, looks useless when he is not scoring.

They have a brutal run of games end of January/beginning of February.

Southampton (A)- Sunday
Rags (H)- Wednesday
Liverpool (A)- Saturday
Arsenal (H)- Saturday
Juventus (A)- Tuesday

Don’t see them getting passed Juve and at this point they could easily miss top 4.

Looking forward to the mass exodus there next summer. I hate them.

Can't see them getting top 4. I think arsenal will knick it

Their season ended when they beat Real Madrid and took took this to mean they were the best team in the universe.

I don't think Kane will jump ship after this season but Rose and Alli definitely will.

Probably both to United until Alli is loaned to Everton or someone.

I don't think Kane will jump ship after this season but Rose and Alli definitely will.

Probably both to United until Alli is loaned to Everton or someone.

Sorry but watching today, where will Ali go?

He's positionally awful. He basically has a free role. His passing is ok, he arrives in the box well and that's about it.
I personally think he's at the best club he could be at. Possibly United, but he effectively is a worse Pogba.

Their season has no chance of succeeding because of the Wembley factor

Next season has no chance of succeeding because of the new stadium factor

The season after that has no chance of succeeding because all of their good players will be sick of not succeeding and will have moved on to bigger and better things

That will have been Spuds golden generation... achieved jack shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.