The Horrors - Still Life/Skying

svennis pennis

A band that just keep getting better and better. This is the first release from their new album, 'Skying.' Can't wait for the album to be released in July.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-WyPwhiNDY[/youtube]

Re: The Horrors - Still Life

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
top band - primary colours an underrated album imo

Completely agree. Primary Colours is stunning from start to finish. Sea Within a Sea is still as good as it was on first listen. Amazing how far they have developed since Strange House.

I've not heard much I've liked from The Horrors in the past, but this sounds alright.

The Cats Eyes album Faris released early in the year was a good record.

Scarlet Fields is one of the most beautiful rock songs ever, and this new track is phenomenal. Such an injustice how bands like these go un-noticed, yet pop vandals like The Wanted make millions.

Just listening to the album and the verdict is.......it's a bit boring, sounds like simple minds at points.

Im absolutely in love with this album. It takes a few listens but then the melodies begin to flow out of it.

Maybe its to do with a state of mind at the moment but it just seems to float along and its what I need right now. Its a solid progression from Primary Colours and shows yet another development in their sound and song craft. The potential in this band is limitless considering how they were viewed 5 years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.