The I Hate Ray Hudson Thread

Hate Hudson - but I just now signed the Moreno out petition - with luck, Steve Nicol is out as well. In fact, the entire ESPNFC main broadcasters are terrible.

At least Hudson seems to know his football - Nicol hasn't a clue; Moreno is simply annoying - a bit less so than Hudson.
America is cursed with horrible announcers. Can't wait for the World Cup (irony intended)!

Probably I should look into a good VPN.

Anyone else remember Fox Sport's failed attempt to make Gus Johnson their main world commentator for World Football?

LOL. Gus was special - the only announcer I dislike more than Hudson... and that takes a lot of doing.
Bring back Gus Johnson??

Hate Hudson - but I just now signed the Moreno out petition - with luck, Steve Nicol is out as well. In fact, the entire ESPNFC main broadcasters are terrible.

At least Hudson seems to know his football - Nicol hasn't a clue; Moreno is simply annoying - a bit less so than Hudson.
America is cursed with horrible announcers. Can't wait for the World Cup (irony intended)!

Probably I should look into a good VPN.

Anyone else remember Fox Sports' failed attempt to make Gus Johnson their main commentator for World Football?

LOL. Gus was special - the only announcer I disliked more than Hudson... and that takes a lot of doing.
TBF Nicol, Burley and Hilsop are all slightly better than they used to be. But their histrionical idiocy compared to Lowe and the two Robbies and Higginbottom and Howard on NBC makes them effectively unwatchable. NBC does a tremendous job. I look forward to their honest, thoughtful, neutral, professional analysis every week. Wish their highlights show were longer.

Bring back Gus Johnson??
INTO THE BOX!!!!!!!!
===
Gus gets by on emotion. He's clueless and does no research over any sport he broadcasts. He's a huge draw when he commentates American Men's NCAA Basketball - but he's often called out even there - in a sport he more or less knows - for his poor commentary.

Gus Johnson's Fox Sports role as main commentator for World Football was a disaster from the get go. Gus doesn't know a thing about world football. And he didn't try to learn the sport. Instead, he tried to get by with notes about each player and raw emotion.

During Gus' broadcasts it would go something like:

Pass to Modric...
Gus: Modric... He plays for Croatia. One of the best in the game.

Modric passes to Ramos...
Gus: Ramos. Spanish international. Perhaps the best Center Back in World Football. Keep your eyes on him.

Ramos, long pass forward to Ronaldo. Ronaldo dribbles into the penalty box but is closely covered and it's clear that this isn't a scoring opportunity.
Gus: RONALDO!!!!! INTO THE BOX!!!!

And then after Ronaldo passes back.
Gus: Ronaldo, arguably best in the game, though some prefer Messi. Keep your eyes on Ronaldo folks!
===
Terrible, gee whiz coverage, dumbed down intentionally by Fox Sports, aimed at a no-nothing crowd.

TBF Nicol, Burley and Hilsop are all slightly better than they used to be. But their histrionical idiocy compared to Lowe and the two Robbies and Higginbottom and Howard on NBC makes them effectively unwatchable. NBC does a tremendous job. I look forward to their honest, thoughtful, neutral, professional analysis every week. Wish their highlights show were longer.
Burly, for me, is by far and away, the best of the lot. He's very opinionated but frequently seems to have a good point and knows what he's talking about most of the time.

Laurens and Marcotti are the only reasons I'd ever consider watching an ESPNFC show.

As for ESPN's in-game coverage , it's mostly horrible.

Did you know that ESPN announcers often aren't even in the stadium! ESPN announcers frequently watch a televised broadcast and commentate on that! Terrible!

You can see the entire field when viewing in person and can commentate on much more than what's on camera. Can't ESPN afford to send their announcers abroad?

I feel sorry for the articulate and enjoyable Jon Champion - how on earth he ever got caught up with the rookie ESPN crew is beyond me.

Last edited:
Lmao. You edited your post before I got that quoted.
You've got to be much quicker man!

I'm virtually incoherent when making original posts. Quick online editing before my detractors catch up is key to my semi-comprehensible ramblings.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.