The Ideal Centre Half

lionheart

Have been watching Brede Hangeland of Fulham very closely and he is a man mountain with 40 international appearances and plenty of Champions League experience. Also it seems that Scandinavian defenders settle well in the Premier League and don't mind the cold. Until Saturday I believe that Fulham's defence had only conceded 2-3 goals away from home all season. Definitely worth a look if Roy Hodgson can be persuaded to sell him.

who did fulham buy him from i agree with you he has been great this season and is a huge presence

ideal centre half for us if a left sided one, who we havent had since distin left us. i'd be very happy if we got lescott.

Here is a bit more about him;

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fulhamfc.com/MatchAndTeam/PlayerProfiles/ProfileDetails/BredeHangeland.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fulhamfc.com/MatchAndTeam/Pl ... eland.aspx</a>

We already have the ideal centre half. Its just ashame, that he is also the ideal central midfielder. Its Kompany.

This Yahoo Sport article tends to support my view that Brede Hangeland would be a useful addition to the City squad as we undeniably lack height at the back.

iTEAM OF THE SEASON (minimum 12 starts)

Proof that Hull are no longer any good - Michael Turner has lost his place in team of the season. That has been snapped up by Fulham's Brede Hangeland.

Manchester City look like they are getting their hands on a decent keeper, with Shay Given streets ahead of the field in nets.

GK: Shay Given (Newcastle United) - 34.55 average

RB: Glen Johnson (Portsmouth) - 32.50

CB: Brede Hangeland (Fulham) - 33.47

CB: Martin Laursen (Aston Villa) - 33.84

LB: Patrice Evra (Manchester United) - 32.63

RM: Antonio Valencia (Wigan Athletic) - 34.00

CM: Steven Gerrard (Liverpool) - 34.65

CM: Frank Lampard (Chelsea) - 35.39

LM: Ashley Young (Aston Villa) - 33.70

FW: Wayne Rooney (Manchester United) - 34.00

FW: Craig Bellamy (Manchester City) - 34.00

FLOPS OF THE SEASON (minimum 12 starts)

Not only is Jose Enrique the worst player in the Premier League by miles, the next three worst defenders are all left-backs, too. Hang your heads Benoit Assou-Ekotto, Sam Ricketts and Nicky Shorey.

Heurelho Gomes looks like he has found a way to get out of the team - get yourself dropped and become ineligible. Canny thinking from the big Brazilian.

And Spurs have accumulated yet another stiff in the form of Pascal Chimbonda. Make that four Tottenham players in the flops of the season.

GK: Heurelho Gomes (Tottenham Hotspur) - 29.66

RB: Pascal Chimbonda (Tottenham Hotspur) - 28.77

CB: Andre Ooijer (Blackburn Rovers) - 28.53

CB: Fabricio Coloccini (Newcastle United) - 28.61

LB: Jose Enrique (Newcastle United) - 25.93

RM: Julien Faubert (West Ham United) - 27.67

CM: Zoltan Gera (Fulham) - 28.38

CM: Amdy Faye (Stoke City) - 27.00

LM: Chris Brunt (West Bromwich Albion) - 27.93

FW: Roman Pavlyuchenko (Tottenham Hotspur) - 26.98

FW: Darren Bent (Tottenham Hotspur) - 27.75

lionheart said:
Have been watching Brede Hangeland of Fulham very closely and he is a man mountain with 40 international appearances and plenty of Champions League experience. Also it seems that Scandinavian defenders settle well in the Premier League and don't mind the cold. Until Saturday I believe that Fulham's defence had only conceded 2-3 goals away from home all season. Definitely worth a look if Roy Hodgson can be persuaded to sell him.

I agree he would be an ideal type of player for us (or someone similar), with plenty of height, we struggled last night when Newcastle played route one football and as good as our centre backs were they struggled to win the first ball, fortunately they won most of the second balls.

lionheart said:
This Yahoo Sport article tends to support my view that Brede Hangeland would be a useful addition to the City squad as we undeniably lack height at the back.

iTEAM OF THE SEASON (minimum 12 starts)

Proof that Hull are no longer any good - Michael Turner has lost his place in team of the season. That has been snapped up by Fulham's Brede Hangeland.

Manchester City look like they are getting their hands on a decent keeper, with Shay Given streets ahead of the field in nets.

GK: Shay Given (Newcastle United) - 34.55 average

RB: Glen Johnson (Portsmouth) - 32.50

CB: Brede Hangeland (Fulham) - 33.47

CB: Martin Laursen (Aston Villa) - 33.84

LB: Patrice Evra (Manchester United) - 32.63

RM: Antonio Valencia (Wigan Athletic) - 34.00

CM: Steven Gerrard (Liverpool) - 34.65

CM: Frank Lampard (Chelsea) - 35.39

LM: Ashley Young (Aston Villa) - 33.70

FW: Wayne Rooney (Manchester United) - 34.00

FW: Craig Bellamy (Manchester City) - 34.00

FLOPS OF THE SEASON (minimum 12 starts)

Not only is Jose Enrique the worst player in the Premier League by miles, the next three worst defenders are all left-backs, too. Hang your heads Benoit Assou-Ekotto, Sam Ricketts and Nicky Shorey.

Heurelho Gomes looks like he has found a way to get out of the team - get yourself dropped and become ineligible. Canny thinking from the big Brazilian.

And Spurs have accumulated yet another stiff in the form of Pascal Chimbonda. Make that four Tottenham players in the flops of the season.

GK: Heurelho Gomes (Tottenham Hotspur) - 29.66

RB: Pascal Chimbonda (Tottenham Hotspur) - 28.77

CB: Andre Ooijer (Blackburn Rovers) - 28.53

CB: Fabricio Coloccini (Newcastle United) - 28.61

LB: Jose Enrique (Newcastle United) - 25.93

RM: Julien Faubert (West Ham United) - 27.67

CM: Zoltan Gera (Fulham) - 28.38

CM: Amdy Faye (Stoke City) - 27.00

LM: Chris Brunt (West Bromwich Albion) - 27.93

FW: Roman Pavlyuchenko (Tottenham Hotspur) - 26.98

FW: Darren Bent (Tottenham Hotspur) - 27.75

I got slated to fuck for posting one of those team of-the-weeks earlier in the season, but I still think they're an interesting analysis!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.