The 'Imaginary Card'

Re: The ' Imaginary Card'

Calcio said:
lool i always do it as well. nothing wrong with it. if the ref gave penalty, then surely skretle(spelling) denying a clear goal scoring oppurtunity?

Also the barry sending off was so soft, but talk about getting hope for few seconds and then slapped

Yep, funny as fuck, how quiet were their fans yesterday .No surprise,anfield is a morgue these days.

Anderson repeatedly does the imaginary card gesture on the pitch - but no one in the media has ever seen fit to comment on it, funny that....

kiam06 said:
After last nights Mancini 'incident' waving the imaginary card it got me thinking why in this country is it so frowned upon? If a referee is showing a level of inconsistency when making decisions then surely players and managers have the right to highlight this even if that involves the imaginary card.

It seems the imaginary card is seen as worse than diving or claiming for corners and freekicks when they are clearly the other teams way so why is there such a big deal made out of an imaginary card?

I saw Leon Osman trip over his own leg(literally) against Sunderland a couple of weeks ago and then start waving his arms around to claim a penalty, have we heard anything about that? Last night on several occasions Liverpool players surrounded the referee which for me is worse than an imaginary card but it is accepted for some reason?

I think the outlawing of imaginary cards is basically a mechanism put in place to protect referees from being criticised for making errors and for me it should be allowed, the referee should be strong enough to ignore 'fake' claims for cards if not he shouldn't be in the job.

Talk shite and Sly sports are true to form as exspected and getting a mention.

Dirty Harry said:
As far as I'm concerned Mancini had every right to ask the fourth official why a card wasn't shown to Skrtel, like many people with a language barrier he was simply a bit more animated over his questioning in an effort to get his point across, no big deal for me.
Absolutely agree. Asking the 4th official is very different from waving an imaginary card in the referee's face. I certainly found it immensely frustrating that neither Adam nor Skrtel received any sort of card at all when both could easily have had two yellows or, in Skrtel's case, a straight red. If Yaya's penalty wasn't an OGSO then I don't know what was.

The fact the Skrtel didn't even get a yellow for the challenge on YaYa was an absolute joke, talk about inconsistent Refs, and consider just prior Skrtel was guilty of a foul on Dzeko that the Scouse Ref ignored so by rights he should have gone.

cibaman said:
Apparently its a friendly gesture in Italy.

LOL! We should wait for the FA's report after they launch an investigation into the incident!

kiam06 said:
After last nights Mancini 'incident' waving the imaginary card it got me thinking why in this country is it so frowned upon?

Because it's already legislated against in the game, it's "unsporting behaviour" and is an offence punisheable by a yellow card in itself.
It's just not needed, let the match official referee the game. The ref wouldn't run up to a player who had just missed a sitter and make "kicking a screamer into the top corner" gestures. He doesn't tell a player how to do his job, why should a player (or coach) be free to tell a referee how to do his?

mannymanc said:
it seems to be the only thing the rags can talk about ! sad bastards !
Which is the worse offence? Waving an imaginary card for a couple of seconds or constantly screaming in the face of the 4th official during the game and then questioning the refs fitness/judgement/bias/competence when the match is over?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.