The importance of the next 7 fixtures (how many points will we be behind)

This thread is gloomier than Stuart Pearce being our manager.

I really doubt we will play as bland as yesterday again this season.
Beat Brighton at HOME then do the Rags and everyone will be expecting us to go on and win the league again

I respect the fact you've gone to the effort of producing that, but City lost at Wolves, Arsenal drew at home to Fulham, Liverpool lost at Spurs, Spurs drew away at Brentford. If it was predictable it certainly wouldn't be City stuck that far down the table!

We've got home games against Brighton and Bournemouth. We're going to have to lift the team and get the 6pts in those. We're away at a rag team that's frankly abysmal and if we play well and avoid giving the refs any chance to screw us we should win there. Similarly, Chelsea aren't the side they once were and winning there is certainly achievable.

So we could be 12pts from those 4 games and be top by 5pts. Who knows!

If we're within 3-5pts of top when we head off to Saudi then we're in the race still.

It's not 6 from 12 though, is it?
It's 6 from 15.
You believe that?
No I said 6 from 12, I suppose it would be 6 from 18 though if you included Wolves and Arsenal. My point was, which seems to have been lost, is that our next fixtures are much tougher than our direct contenders and looks like we’ll be playing catch-up. We could be in a situation where we need to beat Liverpool or we’re starting to look like we are out (or certainly chasing multiple teams by 6-9 points) of the title race.

Rodri makes the game for the rest of them easier. Makes the defenders game easier, gives the other midfielders more space, transitions the ball better for the wingers to get more 1 on 1. Rodri is comfortably the best CDM in the game and his influence is that of a busquets level

Going off our recent general performances (including our wins) we are not hitting anywhere near the heights of last season.

That's quite a brutal fixture list. Arsenal, Brighton, United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs is probably as tough as it gets.

That computer that randomly generates the fixture list must not have been plugged in when it came to generating MCFC fixtures.

We'll be lucky to get 10 points out of that lot of fixtures if we play anywhere near the likes of what we have seen last few weeks.

How many points will City be behind. Please!

Got as far as the title and this one and only post.

Let us see how the new boys perform up to the new year before we go into panic mode.

When Kevin returns it will be like getting a brand new world class player.

Get the CL qualification done and then push on in the league. Remember we do not have a divine right to win anything.

Let us see how the new boys perform up to the new year before we go into panic mode.

When Kevin returns it will be like getting a brand new world class player.

Get the CL qualification done and then push on in the league. Remember we do not have a divine right to win anything.
Too late.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.