The Jessica Ennis Stand

It's ridiculous that this should happen. Yes she has won Gold but she is only just into her career and has not even achieved all she can.
It's only really this country that gets over excited by achievement. Like the cricketers getting OBEs for winning the ashes.
Smacks of a desperate plug by Sheff U.

Some miserable fuckers on here. She's a British sporting icon, Sheffield legend and Blades fan. Great gesture by the club. Could have been worse, they might have named it after Sean Bean.

PJMCC1UK said:
Smacks of a desperate plug by Sheff U.
That's exactly what it is. It's fucking ridiculous really. I'd be extremely pissed off if City tried pulling a similar stunt.

Vienna_70 said:
Is this the first example of a club naming a stand after a person who has no footballing connection to it, other than supporting the club?

Featherstone Rovers (Rugby League) names their stadium after Chris Moyles. I don't think he was even asked by the sound of it and I'm sure he was a Leeds Rhino's fan. He took some interest in it though and they did get a bit of publicity.

They only did it to appease thousands of yorkies who want to be inside her.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.