The Key The Secret - beating Chelsea...

I'll leave the de Jong arguments to those that can be arsed with them...but that is a top tune in the OP youtube video. The original is better though.

babua_blue said:
I am left scratching my head after this match ..I am still confused what our actual formation is in the midfield . silva and milner r supposed to play on wings , de Jong as a denfensive mid , tevez target man fine . Gud . But what abt barry and yaya . i thought yaya is going to be deployed in the hole behind striker . but after watching last two matches , i realize he comes down too deep . so he is actually playing as a CM only .

my doubt is what is yaya's actual position under bobby ? is he an AM who comes too deep to defend or is he a CM who comes forward to attack !! may sound a silly question but I just cant figure this out :)

cheers .. lets paint the world blue .............

-- Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:31 pm --

any comments ? what is yaya' s/barry 's actual position under Mancini ?

Depends on the match. Today Barry and De Jong played the disciplined role, in other matches only De Jong does that and Barry is allowed to break forward a bit more. Toure was given the task of getting forward to link with Tevez and Silva, and make up the numbers in midfield. Milner and Zabaleta linked down the left to provide width and balls into the box.

So essentially, Chelsea's main threat comes from down their left, Boyata played there and rarely got forwards, he sat back. Down Chelsea's right, they posed less of a threat, so we decided to create width on our left side, whilst keeping our right side solid. Silva would cut inside to play neat triangles with Toure and Tevez, and if they lost the ball we still had 2 sitting midfielders so we didn't get hit on the break.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/gamecast?id=293002&page=features&cc=5739&league=ENG.1

If you look at this average position chart is shows how often Zab got forward to support Milner, and how close Silva played with Toure and Tevez. Also the fact that Barry actually spent more time even deeper than De Jong, so obviously he was playing a different role to against Liverpool where he broke forward more often and got a goal from it.

yozzer said:
nil nil ...it will be like liverpool at home last season zzzzzzzzzzzzzz both teams making sure not to lose ,,,,,i will be back here saturday 330pm to say told ya so
baha<br /><br />-- Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:47 pm --<br /><br />
LYNX said:
the jokes on you

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.