the "kids" last night

I wouldn't be too paranoid about it . We only had two players who have not played a lot of first team football at this level in Savic and Pantilimon whereas they had Frimpong, Coquelin, Ox-Chamberlain and Miguel. I thought their youngsters played pretty well actually, it is their experienced reserves like Chamakh, that Korean lad, Squillaci, Djourou and Arshavin that let them down.
Reminds me a bit about what they say about Brazil(Country not football team). They have a brilliant future and always have done.

Cityfan said:
I wouldn't be too paranoid about it . We only had two players who have not played a lot of first team football at this level in Savic and Pantilimon whereas they had Frimpong, Coquelin, Ox-Chamberlain and Miguel. I thought their youngsters played pretty well actually, it is their experienced reserves like Chamakh, that Korean lad, Squillaci, Djourou and Arshavin that let them down.
Reminds me a bit about what they say about Brazil(Country not football team). They have a brilliant future and always have done.

They are only 'reserves' because Wenger has bought shite. More shite came on in the shape of Gervinho.

Neville Kneville said:
They are only 'reserves' because Wenger has bought shite. More shite came on in the shape of Gervinho.

Yeah, I don't think Wengers scouting is as good now for experienced players as it is for prospects judging by a lot of their recent buys.

I think Gervinho may make it though, I hve seen him open up defenses quite a lot this season. If he gets an end product he wil be seriously useful. May or may not get one of course but there is time.

Was the average age of our fans older as well? I heard the programme sellers were a lot ounger than the ones at The Etihad

Some gooner told me we should be beating them easily cos their team only cost £20M

Is this true? Oxlaide chamberlain cost £12M on his own!

mansour's tow ropes said:
Some gooner told me we should be beating them easily cos their team only cost £20M

We did beat them and im very easy with that.

mansour's tow ropes said:

Yes it is. Koscielny was £8.5 Million & Fabianski moved for an undisclosed fee. The others were foreign players brought into their academy.

However they brought on expensive subs.

Not as good as previous young Arsenal teams I have seen in the League Cup. And as others have pointed out these players may have come through the ranks, but they are largely not kids any more

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.