The killing of the lion.....

Timmmmahhhh said:
Apparently one swipe of his paw broke her neck and that was what killed her?

The injuries consistent with mauling and/or biting were after her death.

The lion was put into a smaller cage while she cleaned (a dutiful women) the bigger enclosure, not the lions fault the smaller cage wasn't shut properley.

It was what lions have always done and will continue to do, they kill shit.

In answer to my question, no, it shouldn't have been shot.

On the other hand the people that shot the lion should be shot, or more appropriately, "thrown to the lions".

On a side note - has anyone seen the latest video (in work so can't find it) going round where a South African gameskeeper has been accepted into a pack of lions? Not sure how recent it is but it's brilliant, shows him play fighting with the dominant lion of the group and rolling round on the floor with it, yet as soon as one of the other males tries joining in it is chased off. The guy clearly states "there is always a high chance I could be killed at anytime, if I was killed and had the chance to come back I'd do it all again".

EDIT - I prefer most animals to humans, people are generally cunts.

There's a guy in Canada, IIRC,who does the same with a pack of wolves and a guy in Oz who has been accepted by a gang of kangaroos who he has rehabilitated after being brought to him injured (clearly not as dangerous but interesting in the way he understands their behaviour).

Mikecini said:
There's a guy in Canada, IIRC,who does the same with a pack of wolves and a guy in Oz who has been accepted by a gang of kangaroos who he has rehabilitated after being brought to him injured (clearly not as dangerous but interesting in the way he understands their behaviour).

Yeah, I've seen the one with the wolves, what amazed me about this guy with the lions as opposed to wolves it that the lion guy was play fighting with the alpha of the pack and when one of the other males tried to join in he was chased off by the alpha.

Witht he wolves the alpha just kinda watches over the pack and the guy kinda stays away from him and interacts with the rest of the pack.

Also, where I didn't see a smiliar situation with the wolves, if other humans approached this pack of lions then the lions react in the way that comes naturally to them, so it is this particualr guy that has been accepted, not that the lions have been tamed to an extent, or become accustomed to humans as a species.

Mikecini said:
Timmmmahhhh said:

The lion was put into a smaller cage while she cleaned (a dutiful women) the bigger enclosure, not the lions fault the smaller cage wasn't shut properley.

On the other hand the people that shot the lion should be shot, or more appropriately, "thrown to the lions".

On a side note - has anyone seen the latest video (in work so can't find it) going round where a South African gameskeeper has been accepted into a pack of lions? Not sure how recent it is but it's brilliant, shows him play fighting with the dominant lion of the group and rolling round on the floor with it, yet as soon as one of the other males tries joining in it is chased off. The guy clearly states "there is always a high chance I could be killed at anytime, if I was killed and had the chance to come back I'd do it all again".

EDIT - I prefer most animals to humans, people are generally cunts.

You can walk up to a wild kangaroo and feed it grass, they probably have the same intelligence as a hamster so I wouldn't class it quite the same as a lion.

Mikecini said:
Timmmmahhhh said:

EDIT - I prefer most animals to humans, people are generally *****.

Is it the same guy who was accepted into a family of wild turkeys? It was a really good documentary that one, honestly.

Pigeonho said:
pominoz said:
If they thought that she may still be alive and could be saved you shoot the lion, surely?
Tranquilize it. You can't be shot dead for doing what comes natural to you, whereas you can be expected to be mauled to death if you do what shouldn't come natural to you - walking into a lions cage. (I know it was put elsewhere).

Sorry Pige, but how long would that take to have an effect?
If there was a chance that she was still alive and could be saved, fuck the the lion. Every minute counts in these situations.

Pigeonho said:
This ****

1:50 - fucking up the order of things.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO1YOB9PtDs[/youtube]

I can't see the video in work but the thumbnail looks like it could be him.

wayne71 said:
Mikecini said:
Timmmmahhhh said:

EDIT - I prefer most animals to humans, people are generally *****.

You can walk up to a wild kangaroo and feed it grass, they probably have the same intelligence as a hamster so I wouldn't class it quite the same as a lion.

A wild Kangaroo can and will fuck you up if it wants, never give it the chance.

pominoz said:
Pigeonho said:
pominoz said:
If they thought that she may still be alive and could be saved you shoot the lion, surely?
Tranquilize it. You can't be shot dead for doing what comes natural to you, whereas you can be expected to be mauled to death if you do what shouldn't come natural to you - walking into a lions cage. (I know it was put elsewhere).

Sorry Pige, but how long would that take to have an effect?
If there was a chance that she was still alive and could be saved, fuck the the lion. Every minute counts in these situations.
But if she hadn't been there in the first place...

Of course though, had it been a member of my family in it's clutches I would want it shot, but that is as natural of an from my own perspective as it was for the lion to attack the helper - instinct. Had it not been for the fact she had entered a lions cage though, both would still be alive. There's only one side who holds blame.<br /><br />-- Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:35 pm --<br /><br />
Timmmmahhhh said:
Pigeonho said:
This ****

1:50 - fucking up the order of things.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO1YOB9PtDs[/youtube]

I can't see the video in work but the thumbnail looks like it could be him.
He has a lion cub licking and playing with a Hyena pup, (are they pups or cubs?) - fucking about with the order of things!

Well if it comes naturally to kill a human for a lion surely it also comes naturally for us to kill a lion to either save/avenge her.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.