The Labour Party

Tories know they are going to lose and they will play dirty to try and stop the incoming gubbing at the ballot box.

Sadly labour party officials seem happy to try and help them stay the opposition party.

Would be fascinating change in the political landscape if the lib Dems became official opposition.

Tories know they are going to lose and they will play dirty to try and stop the incoming gubbing at the ballot box.

Sadly labour party officials seem happy to try and help them stay the opposition party.

Would be fascinating change in the political landscape if the lib Dems became official opposition.

It would take some huge change for the Lib Dems to overtake the Tories. What do you think Labour has in their power to do about it?

They are almost certainly already have an informal pact with them for the General Election, so unless the Lib Dems want to target the right wing vote, surely there's not much more they could do?

It would take some huge change for the Lib Dems to overtake the Tories. What do you think Labour has in their power to do about it?

They are almost certainly already have an informal pact with them for the General Election, so unless the Lib Dems want to target the right wing vote, surely there's not much more they could do?
They could if they agreed to tactical voting.

Sadly I can't see both parties agreeing to stand down candidates where the other has more chance of taking the seat.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to wipe the bastards out.

However, the two main parties would prefer to keep the status quo as that benefits both under FPTP!

They could if they agreed to tactical voting.

Sadly I can't see both parties agreeing to stand down candidates where the other has more chance of taking the seat.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to wipe the bastards out.

However, the two main parties would prefer to keep the status quo as that benefits both under FPTP!

There's almost certainly an informal pact to not compete in target seats, but I don't think it stacks up that they could get anywhere near overtaking the Tories.

By standing down candidates, you also water down what each party stands for. Just one example is that there will be plenty of voters who might vote Lib Dem against the Tories, but if they know Labour support the Lib Dems, they won't vote for what is effectively Lib Dem/Labour candidate.

The theory that there are Tories, and the Greens/Lib Dems/Labour/SNP are all on the opposite side, doesn't stack up when you look at voter migration between elections. A progressive alliance of voters, that adds all those parties votes together simply doesn't exist. I suspect a Lab/Lib Dem pact is likely to bump up the Tory vote, and so not make much difference compared to informal tactical voting.

Christ, I'm no fan of Natalie Elphicke, but that's desperate stuff.
Not perhaps as desperate as the latest "revelation" about her trying to get political intervention in her husband's trial date, four years ago. Journalists' questions should be, "how many other Tory MPs have done things wrong that you've suppressed until they defect?" and "are you using dirt on any other MPs to stop them defecting?"

I understand the positive aspects of the defection of this Elphicke woman.
And Cameron's words of a "legacy of betrayal" are ridiculous. What about the "legacy of out and out sleaze??" And why only now has the alleged lobbying been made public? Don't answer....we all know why

But that's my point....Labour should never have agreed to her joining them.

I understand the positive aspects of the defection of this Elphicke woman.
And Cameron's words of a "legacy of betrayal" are ridiculous. What about the "legacy of out and out sleaze??" And why only now has the alleged lobbying been made public? Don't answer....we all know why

But that's my point....Labour should never have agreed to her joining them.

Stick the right coloured rosette on anything and it becomes acceptable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.