The Last Player we let go who made it elsewhere?

good question I guess you could argue that we let Michael Hughes go too cheaply and he didnt do that bad at West Ham for a short period.
Same goes for Mick Sheron, Ashley Ward & Darren Beckford who had decent careers in the lower leagues.

I think the Warhurst and Barrett ones stick out best mind.

Clive Wilson should never have been sold when he did, but he played a lot for us and we got some money (which we needed) too so dont think it quite fits in with flavour of the thread...

salfordblue-tony2 said:
Apparently Wes Brown had an appointment to see somebody at Maine Road when he was young.
He turned up but the person he was supposed to meet was off, and nobody else knew anything.
So he went to swamp.

thank fuck for that!!

fat boy blue said:
killen & flood at celtic
lomas went on to be west ham captain
conlon scred loads for darlington (i think)
dont forget Joey Barton who saved us & dragged newcastle to new hieghts

should that read conlon scared loads for darlington?

There are a few who have been un our youth set up, have left for nothing or not much and played at a decent standard:

As already mentioned, Flood and Killen are at Celtic, so may get the chance to play in the Champions League, and Hennessy and Whelan are both currently playing in the Premiership.

There are a few others in the Prem currently as well: Dickson Etuhu, Tyrone Mears and Stephen Jordan, plus Daniel Sturridge (though he doesn't count, really, as he turned down our contract offer and went elsewhere of his own accord).

Stephen Elliott and Ishmael Miller have played in the Prem since leaving us but are now in the Championship.

None of the above would get in our current squad, though, so it's different from the likes of Warhurst, Barrett and Lennon.

There are a few who have been un our youth set up, have left for nothing or not much and played at a decent standard:

As already mentioned, Flood and Killen are at Celtic, so may get the chance to play in the Champions League, and Hennessy and Whelan are both currently playing in the Premiership.

There are a few others in the Prem currently as well: Dickson Etuhu, Tyrone Mears and Stephen Jordan, plus Daniel Sturridge (though he doesn't count, really, as he turned down our contract offer and went elsewhere of his own accord).

Stephen Elliott and Ishmael Miller have played in the Prem since leaving us but are now in the Championship.

None of the above would get in our current squad, though, so it's different from the likes of Warhurst, Barrett and Lennon.

Didsbury Dave said:
3/4 of you have not read my original post.

I'm asking about kids we released for nowt.

Kieran Westwood, another goalkeeper went to Carlisle and outperformed Hart in the season we bought him.

He is now at Coventry after a £1mil move.

Am I right in thinking we had John Sheriden in our Youth set up ??

With the exception of "cross eyed" Giggs a better player than any mentioned so far and I include M Hughes and C Wilson in that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.