the last time

the plasterer

can anybody confirm when was the last time city played attacking the north stand (family stand) in the first half of a home league game?, bit of debate going on as to when and who it was against

God knows - at least two seasons i reckon. drives me mad - if city win the toss, then they want to kick towrds the SS in the first half - which is wrong imo - and if the opposition win, they want the same as they always want to kick towards their fans in the second half. Perplexed.

I was once told by a player that clubs had a gentleman's agreement that the home side can kick the way they want to i.e. towards their own "end".

I'm pretty sure there's an agreement in place which says we kick the same way every week; as said the away teams don't mind it because they kick towards their fans 2nd half this way.

The only way I can see this changing is if the Away fans are moved and the South Stand become entirely City fans.

Alanm1980 said:
The Pompy 6-0 is the last I can remember.

A few weeks after that we played Spuds in one of twitcher's first games there and kicked off kicking towards the North Stand. Robbie scored, Gelson got sent off, Dunnie got sent off, they won 2-1.

Don't think it makes much difference to us anymore.
Shooting towards the North Stand = loads of kids with face paint on.
Shooting towards the South Stand = away fans.

It's not intimidating for the away side to shoot either way, just at the South Stand they're going towards their own fans. And I dont think our players will get an adrenaline rush at the thought of shooting either way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.