The Lion Cup.

a slight concern for me is that our scouting system could potentially be falling into the age old trap we have done for years

having just watched the citytv footage of the boys introducing themselves, a lot of these young men are huge for their age, with one lad saying he was 13 when he looked more like 30!

as mentioned in the match report our physicality gave us the advantage over the brazilian team with them being kept out by a MOTM performance by our keeper

the danger is at that age you becone flat track bullies, with literally men playing against boys. These lads later fail when the others who got there based on football ability mature physically.

Not saying that is the case for sure but its worth bearing in mind. Too often U15 and below coaches don't take the gamble on smaller talent because they still feel they are being judged on their results, when the ultimate result and all that should matter is how many progress to the first team.

I'd much rather try and beat this brazilian team at football not because we were bigger than them.

bluedanza said:
a slight concern for me is that our scouting system could potentially be falling into the age old trap we have done for years

having just watched the citytv footage of the boys introducing themselves, a lot of these young men are huge for their age, with one lad saying he was 13 when he looked more like 30!

as mentioned in the match report our physicality gave us the advantage over the brazilian team with them being kept out by a MOTM performance by our keeper

the danger is at that age you becone flat track bullies, with literally men playing against boys. These lads later fail when the others who got there based on football ability mature physically.

Not saying that is the case for sure but its worth bearing in mind. Too often U15 and below coaches don't take the gamble on smaller talent because they still feel they are being judged on their results, when the ultimate result and all that should matter is how many progress to the first team.

I'd much rather try and beat this brazilian team at football not because we were bigger than them.

From the line up photo,they're hardly giants with a couple of midgets in the front row...... and the match report clearly states we played some good football,i don't think you're on the right track with that summary but i'll see for myself tomorrow.

I coach at several age levels and these city lads pictured are all around 14.

The only one who looks similar in build to the 14 year olds I coach is the lad in the middle of the first row.

Still no score but a good start by City,we do look far more 'developed' both physically and technically.

Should be a comprehensive victory......<br /><br />-- 27 Jun 2012 13:59 --<br /><br />One nil,Nuttall!!!

Poznan in crowd...!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.