The London Marathon

supercity88

Evening all!

On 24th April I’m attempting to run the London Marathon. Don’t ask me why, but I was watching on the telly last year and felt inspired to give it a go!

I’m running on behalf of Shelter, a charity that support people with housing issues – whether that be homelessness, substandard accommodation or simply accommodating people who have been forced out of their homes because of financial issues. Shelter are also lobbying hard to get the government to respond to the housing shortages we’re seeing in this country and the problems with affordability.

Unfortunately, I can’t claim that there’s any link to City here other than the fact I love and support the club! It would be great though if you generous blues could support my cause and donate anything you can afford – a link to my fundraising page is below.

I’d be happy to consider any City related outfit or idea that would generate any further donations!

As for me, I couldn’t run a mile when I applied. That’s not just a saying, I made it 0.8miles before I stopped, lungs bursting wondering what the hell I was thinking applying for a marathon. I’ve been training hard since November and ran the Brighton half marathon a couple of weeks ago and managed to complete in 1hr56 which was a full 30mins faster than I’d managed in training.

That race was on the morning of the League Cup final and I spent the whole 13.1 mile running next to someone dressed as in a banana outfit which I knew was a good sign. Also happened to be stood behind a bloke wearing a City hat so the blues were out in force down on the South coast!

Anyway, donations are much appreciated.
http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fun...userUrl=AndrewOwen88&faId=640993&isTeam=false

CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.