The Madhatter pub. New York

Been there 5 or 6 times now. It is a restaurant / bar so kids allowed in no problem.
It has been done up and the Blue memorabilia has been toned down but the place is a still a Blue stronghold. Match days are a place for ex pat Blues and locals cheering the team on.
Great place to go and a warm welcome awaits.
NYCFC fans go to Nevada Smiths and they are welcome to it.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Been there 5 or 6 times now. It is a restaurant / bar so kids allowed in no problem.
It has been done up and the Blue memorabilia has been toned down but the place is a still a Blue stronghold. Match days are a place for ex pat Blues and locals cheering the team on.
Great place to go and a warm welcome awaits.
NYCFC fans go to Nevada Smiths and they are welcome to it.

On that note, I travel to NYC a couple of time a year and was hoping to have an amicable relationship with the NYCFC folks but that seems unlikely at this point. Don't particularly give a F*** about the team but it still seems unfortunate.

I was there in December and saw the West Brom and Burnley games at the Mad Hatter. It's an excellent pub for Blues in or visiting New York. Thoroughly enjoyed it. They had London Pride on draught, served to perfection. Despite negative comments earlier, I found the New York Blues to be a good crowd and well-informed on all things City. There were a couple of teenagers in with family, no problems. Food, beer and atmosphere absolutely superb!

If City are playing then The Hatter is the place to be!
Really good atmosphere and the local and ex pat Blues will always make you feel welcome
Must get over there again soon!

I'm going to New York in May for the first time, will definatly be visiting the mad hatter!

Smoothy B. said:
I am off to New York for a few days sabbatical in a fortnight and will be taking my 16 yrs old nephew along with me...
Of course we plan on visiting the Mad hatter to be amongst fellow blues whilst over there.
Are there any New York blues on here that could advise me re the laws on 16 year old nephews visiting licensed premises, as I understand the Yanks are a bit keen when it comes to licensing laws. Cheers lads.

We're also there in a couple of weeks and have the Newcastle game to watch, looking forward to match experience at the madhatter, 12:30 KO....

Sergio<3 said:
I'm going to New York in May for the first time, will definatly be visiting the mad hatter!

I was there for the NUFC game, the place was full of Local and Brit City fans, great atmosphere and even got a free round from the owner (Darryl) - great place to spend a couple of hours away from the madness. Would recommend it.....

Watched the rags v Chelsea chumps league final in nyc a few years ago - can honestly say almost the whole crowd hadn't a clue what was going on. They just yelled their heads off everytime the ball was close to either goal. No support as such for either team, saw just the one rag shirt. Still at least it was free entry unlike ESPN zone who charged 20 bucks!
Its just not a football country. Better to go to a baseball game for the American sporting experience.

oz1975 said:
Watched the rags v Chelsea chumps league final in nyc a few years ago - can honestly say almost the whole crowd hadn't a clue what was going on. They just yelled their heads off everytime the ball was close to either goal. No support as such for either team, saw just the one rag shirt. Still at least it was free entry unlike ESPN zone who charged 20 bucks!
Its just not a football country. Better to go to a baseball game for the American sporting experience.
or ,you could just visit a pub called the mad hatter ,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.