The Media towards English Keepers

leighton

Right after seeing countless times how critical the media are towards England keepers in recent years it makes you think why there is always blame put on keepers. When they slip up it costs you a goal but sometimes the name no matter what is laid on them. Calamity James they even nicknamed David James. Look at keepers in general they all make mistakes some are more high profile than others. When was the last great English keeper in the media eyes Gordon Banks??? Who knows but since then there were some god keepers in Shelton and Seaman who all got the blame thrown at them. Look at Joe Hart by far the best English keeper but he is now on the edge of being the next keeper to get harsh treatment the game now is gone over the top with analysing every fuck up or mistake with a fine comb makes you think why players decide to be a keeper in this day. It won't be long before they will analysis how the keepers have tied there laces. Its all gone mad. Some goals like Tottis last night were just classy and hard for any keeper to save. Yet this mornings papers Hart Attack as Joe slips up. Come on give the keepers some leeway.

People still read the newspapers?

These sort of headlines for me just highlight the desperation of fleet street, saying more about their own integrity and professionalism.

They will write anything just so long as they can grab an headline and get that extra website click, or the rare newspaper sale.

He slipped... so what? he's running on fucking grass, I slip when having a kick about.

The media are vile and have no integrity whatsoever.
Any Journo sticks a camera/recording device in my face I tell them: No Comment!
As they will twist anything and everything.

Just for the record I despise the English press and haven't bought a newspaper since 1982 however they are just writing what they think will sell papers and keep them in a job.

They are lazy knowledgeless idiots who don't deserve house room so just don't give it the wankers. The sooner sales drop to about 50 per day the sooner they will all have gone away - simples

The treatment that Hart receives from the press is nothin no short of disgusting. Joe had a great game yesterday and was not at fault for the goal. They are desperate to pounce on every mistake no matter how trivial.

Saw the headlines in the Sun. They'll be the first to be outraged if/when he gets rested/dropped again.

leighton said:
Right after seeing countless times how critical the media are towards England keepers in recent years it makes you think why there is always blame put on keepers. When they slip up it costs you a goal but sometimes the name no matter what is laid on them. Calamity James they even nicknamed David James. Look at keepers in general they all make mistakes some are more high profile than others. When was the last great English keeper in the media eyes Gordon Banks??? Who knows but since then there were some god keepers in Shelton and Seaman who all got the blame thrown at them. Look at Joe Hart by far the best English keeper but he is now on the edge of being the next keeper to get harsh treatment the game now is gone over the top with analysing every fuck up or mistake with a fine comb makes you think why players decide to be a keeper in this day. It won't be long before they will analysis how the keepers have tied there laces. Its all gone mad. Some goals like Tottis last night were just classy and hard for any keeper to save. Yet this mornings papers Hart Attack as Joe slips up. Come on give the keepers some leeway.

Just out of interest, but when did Shilton ever get the blame thrown at him? He was arguably the best keeper ever, and my recollection was the media could never understand why he had to share England keeping duties with Clemence.

You really can't compare Hart and Shilton, different planets to be honest.

Listerfiend said:
leighton said:

Just out of interest, but when did Shilton ever get the blame thrown at him? He was arguably the best keeper ever, and my recollection was the media could never understand why he had to share England keeping duties with Clemence.

You really can't compare Hart and Shilton, different planets to be honest.
Shilton got part of the blame for the goal West Germany scored in the 199 WC Semi for being old and followed up with proclaiming Chris Woods should have been in goal for the penalties. I remember it vividly as i was an aspiring keeper at the time and angry with the way he was crucified whilst they were sucking off Gazza.

English keepers have always been scrutinised. As a Sunderland fan, I can remember that few English 'keepers got a lot of stick. Jim Montgomery never got an England cap despite being as good a keeper as any.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.