The media, us and the rags - the truth

strongbowholic said:
We play Liverpool on Boxing Day and to get us warmed up, Sky Sports 1 are showing some of these "Football Gold" matches.

Currently being treated to Liverpool vs Newcastle from 1996 (their famous 4-3) followed by rags vs City where the game was high scoring and was decided by an injury time winner. Now I wonder what game that could be?

Agenda much?

City v Liverpool is on BT Sport so Sky not likely to be promoting the game

City Raider said:
motd was the last straw for me - i asked myself - how have I arrived at the point where my enjoyment of a city win could somehow be tainted because a twat like hansen didn't say nice things?

Enough is enough, the problem isn't them, I placed too much importance on their opinions - fuck them.
Just ignore them, mate. I just look at it this way. From 2008 to the present season, we as team and a club have changed and improved out of all recognition. We know this, they know this. What sustains their indifference ( to put it mildly) is that in their footballing world view, we are merely the plaything of a rich Arab who they think is going to get bored of his toy and leave, leaving us in right old mess. At this point we dutifully return to mid table mediocrity or worse, (ala Leeds, Portsmouth, Rangers etc) and the rightful footballing order is once again restored and they can go back to licking the rag's red arses once again without having to worry about us. What they don't see, or they don't want to see is that although we know the Sheik isn't going to to continue to bankroll the club to the extent that he has since 2008, what he is building is even more valuable to us than that. What he is building is a titan of European and world football that is self sustainable and is all successful both on and off the pitch. It is this that they are in denial about. When his vision comes to fruition is when these people will wake up to what we have become and the fact that they cannot continue to disparage and dismiss us anymore. If they knew the the extent of the ambition of Sheik Mansour for this club, i have no doubt whatsoever that these people would soon change their tune.
It is ever thus when revolutions take place. There is a moment when a point of critical mass is reached and the doubting masses cannot deny any longer what they are seeing before their eyes and that which the faithful could see all along. This is the time when they fall over each other to pay homage. This is the time when people hear the word Manchester they think City.
I for one await this day with calmness and patience.

danebanksheik said:
strongbowholic said:
We play Liverpool on Boxing Day and to get us warmed up, Sky Sports 1 are showing some of these "Football Gold" matches.

Currently being treated to Liverpool vs Newcastle from 1996 (their famous 4-3) followed by rags vs City where the game was high scoring and was decided by an injury time winner. Now I wonder what game that could be?

Agenda much?

Just out of interest. Is there any agendaphiles on here who can tell me how many times,approximately , the Wee Micky Owen fergietime game has been shown on sky in their classic game repeats and, how many times the sick swan has been shown? Agenda debunkers with their excuses about the 4-3 being of more appeal than the 1-6 need not apply because it's a)bollocks and b) utter bollocks.

Ta.

goalmole said:
City Raider said:
motd was the last straw for me - i asked myself - how have I arrived at the point where my enjoyment of a city win could somehow be tainted because a twat like hansen didn't say nice things?

Enough is enough, the problem isn't them, I placed too much importance on their opinions - fuck them.
Just ignore them, mate. I just look at it this way. From 2008 to the present season, we as team and a club have changed and improved out of all recognition. We know this, they know this. What sustains their indifference ( to put it mildly) is that in their footballing world view, we are merely the plaything of a rich Arab who they think is going to get bored of his toy and leave, leaving us in right old mess. At this point we dutifully return to mid table mediocrity or worse, (ala Leeds, Portsmouth, Rangers etc) and the rightful footballing order is once again restored and they can go back to licking the rag's red arses once again without having to worry about us. What they don't see, or they don't want to see is that although we know the Sheik isn't going to to continue to bankroll the club to the extent that he has since 2008, what he is building is even more valuable to us than that. What he is building is a titan of European and world football that is self sustainable and is all successful both on and off the pitch. It is this that they are in denial about. When his vision comes to fruition is when these people will wake up to what we have become and the fact that they cannot continue to disparage and dismiss us anymore. If they knew the the extent of the ambition of Sheik Mansour for this club, i have no doubt whatsoever that these people would soon change their tune.
It is ever thus when revolutions take place. There is a moment when a point of critical mass is reached and the doubting masses cannot deny any longer what they are seeing before their eyes and that which the faithful could see all along. This is the time when they fall over each other to pay homage. This is the time when people hear the word Manchester they think City.

Spot on,could not have put it better ^_^
The future is blue, I am so excited this season is turning out better than I anticipated, long may it continue.

goalmole said:
City Raider said:

Excellent post , M8

I assume that you tip your hat to Kuhn's 'Nature of Scientific Revolutions' ?
This is a classic example of what Kuhn was on about and is one I quite fancy using with my students (though it may well upset the rags in the congregation !!!)

City Raider said:

We have a winner!

danebanksheik said:
strongbowholic said:

Agenda much?

Not been mentioned on Sky sport news but Stretford Rangers v Hull is being treated like El Clasico.

Premier League preview: Liverpool face Man City title test

Liverpool may be top of the table at Christmas but they face a test of their title credentials when they travel to Manchester City on Boxing Day.
Third-placed City are a point behind the Reds and have a 100% league record at Etihad Stadium so far this season.
Only two points separate the top five.
Second-placed Arsenal are at West Ham, while Chelsea, who are fourth, host Swansea. Everton, in fifth, entertain Sunderland, while Manchester United travel to Hull.

From the BBC website, article about the top five, yet mentions United, who are eighth?

goalmole said:
City Raider said:

Preacher man!

Quality...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.