The media, us and the rags - the truth

BBC 1 Sports News this Morning.

Liverpool play Manchester City at home today. Followed by Bredan Rogers talking about the match. No Pellegrini though.

The same mistake was made earlier on. So no correction after the first mistake by the BBC.

The fact that this is the BBC and their Sports Department is located at Mediacity in Salford, shouldn't go unmentioned.

Then the BBC presenter/BBC moved straight on to United V Hull. No mention of the other teams at the top of the table and their games

Then the BBC presenter states. David Moyes is getting United back where they should be. Or words to that affect. Can't remember exactly what was said. Then David Moyes talking about United and today's match.

There's no f***ing hope.

God forbid is Liverpool win today. Hanson on Match Of The Day will be an absolute........(fill in as appropriate)

jrb said:
BBC 1 Sports News this Morning.

Liverpool play Manchester City at home today. Followed by Bredan Rogers talking about the match. No Pellegrini though.

The same mistake was made earlier on. So no correction after the first mistake by the BBC.

The fact that this is the BBC and their Sports Department is located at Mediacity in Salford, shouldn't go unmentioned.

Then the BBC presenter/BBC moved straight on to United V Hull. No mention of the other teams at the top of the table and their games

Then the BBC presenter states. David Moyes is getting United back where they should be. Or words to that affect. Can't remember exactly what was said. Then David Moyes talking about United and today's match.

There's no f***ing hope.

God forbid is Liverpool win today. Hanson on Match Of The Day will be an absolute........(fill in as appropriate)
he bricked it and took the day off.

Just watched the preview on Soccer Saturday.

Phil Thompson doing a hatchet job on Demechelis.

Former Liverpool centre half lambasting one of our defenders prior to us playing Liverpool.

Stop me if you think that you've heard this one before.

Blue Punter said:

Former Liverpool centre half lambasting one of our defenders prior to us playing Liverpool.

Sky and the BBC is just full of the blinkered fuckers mate. Liverpool punch enormously above their weight in the media these days and the latest round of recruits shows there's no sign of it dwindling anytime soon.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Blue Punter said:

Sky and the BBC is just full of the blinkered fuckers mate. Liverpool punch enormously above their weight in the media these days and the latest round of recruits shows there's no sign of it dwindling anytime soon.

With it being apparent that Utd are not going to be involved in the title shake up, the Liverpool spin machine is in full flow.

It will all end in tears.

EDIT: Watching Utd's ramshackle defence being ripped a new one by Hull, I wonder if they'll be placed under as much scrutiny as us.

squirtyflower said:
Premier League preview: Liverpool face Man City title test

Liverpool may be top of the table at Christmas but they face a test of their title credentials when they travel to Manchester City on Boxing Day.
Third-placed City are a point behind the Reds and have a 100% league record at Etihad Stadium so far this season.
Only two points separate the top five.
Second-placed Arsenal are at West Ham, while Chelsea, who are fourth, host Swansea. Everton, in fifth, entertain Sunderland, while Manchester United travel to Hull.

From the BBC website, article about the top five, yet mentions United, who are eighth?

Come on Squirty , They won it last season . Its all getting a little Chicken Little . Let them sing from the same hymn sheet if they cant spot a unique selling point then they are not very good at their craft , anyway , Arsenal are top we are second apparently playing badly away "I`ll buy that for a dollar ! ;)

After doing Another stadium tour (5 in ALL) Well you have to take the visiting friend and family some where..... Im surprised that the press dont give us more good press with the way we treat them.....we can only hope thing change when WE start bringing the silverwere home,and then people can see for them selves

holeinone said:
We all know that the media would love us not to win the league, Liverpool Arsenal, Chelsea, United or Spurs before us, but we have to not only win the league, but do it two or three times in as many years, and then maybe they [the media] just may give us some credit, other teams have spent £200 million+ on players but not as fast, and thats what they can't get there head around, lets win the league not only this year but next as well.

Took miniMad4City to Legoland in the Trafford Centre, last Sunday. He had a City tee shirt on, whilst he was gallivanting about the place with mrsMad4City, half a step behind (Father of the year, me!).
Anyway, I struck up a conversation with some other fathers, on site, two Rags (locals), one Toffee. All three were full of praise for City's football and, with reluctance, all three tipped City for the league.
Came home to the greener, more civilized island yesterday and met some mates for a pint (yup, Father of the year in TWO countries!). The verdict from two Liverpool fans (one of whom has never seen the city of Liverpool), two United fans (one of whom did the stadium tour once), an Arsenal season ticket holder and a long suffering Forest fan was almost exactly the same as that of the three lads in Legoland, the day before.
Only three people disagreed. You can guess which three, no doubt. (One of them, even tipped Utd for the title!!).
My point is that anybody who actually takes an active interest in football has nothing but respect and admiration for what's happening ay City. It's only the happy clappers and green ink loopers who actually believe the media bullshit.
Soon enough, the media will come into line. Not long after, they'll be crawling up our arse. Enjoy being the pantomime villain while it lasts.

Blue Punter said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Blue Punter said:

With it being apparent that Utd are not going to be involved in the title shake up, the Liverpool spin machine is in full flow.

It will all end in tears.

EDIT: Watching Utd's ramshackle defence being ripped a new one by Hull, I wonder if they'll be placed under as much scrutiny as us.

I think Gordon is Jose Mourinho's speech writer. Spot on opinions.

I have to say Micky Quinn is the guy who gives us the most credit. Niall and Lee Dixon are too busy trying to prove they are not biased in our favour

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.