Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but it’s a little too late for the Messi dream surely.
He’s the greatest ever to play the game and my fav non city player but surely he’s not what we need right now

I'm inclined to agree but I'm blinded - and I know I am - by the thought of seeing him play for City.

I do think he still has a lot to offer, though. We create enough chances already with lazy, non-pressing passengers in the team (which I think some fans think Messi would be) so throw him in with the quality he has and I think we're golden. We need somebody in the attacking areas who'll finish chances, he brings exactly that.

The other issues the team has in terms of LB/a mobile CM I doubt will be affected by us getting Messi

It’s been two days fella in a on going discussion
If you want to post the same thing everyday then nobody is stopping you. Most of us know you're a miserable **** in every aspect of your support for the club so you might as well carry on until everyone else can see what a fucking joy you are.

I always assumed that after a deal didn't happen in the summer, Messi would just settle down and see out his career at Barcelona but he seems more pissed off than ever at the moment. Would love it if we could get him in January, but don't think it's likely. Even though he'll be 34, can see why the club would still go out of their way to get him next summer. He'll see have plenty to offer on the pitch, and the benefits off the pitch are obvious.
I think we need him in January but not sure it will happen... the lift would be just what we need.. along with playing to our strengths and making positive, timely substitutions

I think we need him in January but not sure it will happen... the lift would be just what we need.. along with playing to our strengths and making positive, timely substitutions
Yeah, I think it would give everyone a much needed boost as you say. On paper it'd make more sense all round (we need him now, Barca are struggling financially, the Garcia incentive etc) but I think we'll face the same problem again, namely that no one at Barcelona will want to be responsible for allowing Messi to leave the club.

We will have to trust the people in charge on this one

On field benefits might be limited for a year or two at prem level.

On field (at lower levels - America) and off field his benefits could last much longer especially financially for him and us.

His legacy will be Barca, HOWEVER IF he is successful in the prem and afterwards he could build a second legacy and be fondly remembered in other areas/clubs as well as Barca and NOT just for what he has done at Barca

Think about Ronaldo - he has won in various countries.....he had more success at Madrid but people still remember his time at Utd and what he won there. Im sure the Juve fans will think likewise

We still celebrate Lampard as a city player when his legacy is clearly at Chelsea

Yaya had built a legacy at Barca but created one here.
Looks like David Silva is building a second one at the moment with his performances!

We need Messi to put away all these chances we keep creating, how many did we have against spurs, 22. If Messi had half of those chances, you would think he'd at least get a hatrick

We need Messi to put away all these chances we keep creating, how many did we have against spurs, 22. If Messi had half of those chances, you would think he'd at least get a hatrick
Created "22" false chances because I dont remember Lloris making a save other than the Diaz header but I agree, Messi barely needs half a yard and its in the top corner. He might walk slow and not track back but he knows where the net is. 70/80+ goals is not impossible even on a two year contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.