The MMA Thread

pips said:
SteSteez said:
I hate this, when fans of the sport say XXX has no ground game, or ZZZ has no striking ability.

I've seen Paul Daley on the ground, he is superb both at grappling and submission.
The problem is The UFC is like the World Cup in comparison with football - the best players all competing minus one or two (Fedor etc)
So any slight mistake and it's heightened.

I can't see Daley coming back into UFC for the reasons mentioned above (the after bell assault)
Not for personal reasons.
if Joe Silva wanted Daley back in there Dana would object on those grounds, not personal grounds.
Sorry mate but thats what i thought when i watched the fight maybe daley was made for koscheck cos he didnt have a clue once he was put on his back.

This is exactly what Myself, You and everyone else see's but the point I was making is Koscheck is so well skilled in this area he made Daley look poor when in reality he's got a quality ground game.
I consider my ground game to be good, but I've mainly rolled with amateurs.
Put me up against any UFC fighter and I'd look like I've never even done BJJ/Grappling in my life.

UFC Live: Kongo vs. Barry
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lclhTXKiGD0[/youtube]

Event: UFC Live: Kongo vs. Barry
Date: June 26, 2011
Watch: Live on Facebook and Versus.

Main event:

Cheick Kongo vs. Pat Barry

Main Card:

Charlie Brenneman vs. Rick Story
Matt Brown vs. John Howard
Matt Mitrione vs. Christian Morecraft

Preliminary Fights (on Facebook):

Manny Gamburyan vs. Tyson Griffin
Joe Stevenson vs. Javier Vazquez
Joe Lauzon vs. Curt Warburton
Rich Attonito vs. Daniel Roberts
Nik Lentz vs. Charles Oliveira
Matt Grice vs. Ricardo Lamas
Edward Faaloloto vs. Michael Johnson

Background

This will be the fourth live UFC card to appear on Versus.
Matthew Riddle was expected to face TJ Grant, but was forced from the bout with an injury and replaced by Charlie Brenneman.
However, just days before the event Grant was forced from the card due to an unknown illness. Without proper time to find a replacement the bout was scrapped.
Anthony Johnson was expected to face Nate Marquardt in the main event, but was forced from the bout with a rotator cuff injury and replaced by Rick Story.
Martin Kampmann was expected to face John Howard, but was forced from the bout with an injury and replaced by Matt Brown. Brown's original opponent Rich Attonito will face Daniel Roberts.

The entire preliminary card will be streamed on Facebook.

Nate Marquardt did not receive medical clearance the day of the weigh-ins and therefore pulled out of the main event. Charlie Brenneman, whose earlier bout with TJ Grant was removed from the card, will step in to face Rick Story, while the Pat Barry vs. Cheick Kongo fight will now be the main event.

As real As it gets

Bigga said:
Incidently, do you have the next few months of televised MMA action available, Ste??

I always seem to catch something about WEC/ VERSUS/ Strike Force, etc., some time down the line!!

No I don't bud, if I don't have access to any events I just download them.

The only american owned mma I watch is UFC, everything else is semi-pro/pro UK promotions, and most of those fights are put on facebook/youtube straight after by the fighters themselves.

gaudinho's stolen car said:
http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=120939&part=sports

I have found myself watching UFC less and less live, I just shut off from any mma sites I go to so I don't hear about the results.
Then download the show.

This way I skip through all the long ass fighter intros, and also the fights I have no interest in.
Joe Rogan always gives a rundown at the end of each fight so I just watch that for fights I'm not interested in.
a 3hr show turns into 1hr.
I still watch fighter intro's for my fav fighters tho... Can't beat a Rampage intro :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLy_RQ2x8Rg[/youtube]

That fight, WOW

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.