The monkey is off our backs

dom said:
No.. there's a psychological release here... we lost but didn't lose really badly

We missed a couple of good chances and were robbed of a stonewall pen

\onwards and upwards on our merits now....

Chelski were creaming themselves to have beaten 10 man City by a late pen...

tells you all you need to know...

The title is still on...
This is really important. Only this. We're onwards and upwards!

CTID - proud of them tonight xx

'every defeat'

lol

fuck me what would this board have been like in the dark days

The unbeatable Arsenal team of 03/04 were loved or admired by everyone but Manure fans. They were assembled in relative terms on the cheap, they played football the way it should be played, they were exciting and vibrant, we all envied them but more to the point no one really had a grudge to bear. Chelsea could never foster that countrywide/clubwide approval the trafford filth obviously don't and despite us having the exciting and vibrant football bit to our name, people will always begrudge us because of the finance involved in the team. We will try again next year but for this year, we need to turn this as a positive and lets give chavski the hiding of their lives back at Manchester.

bluemoonmatt said:
Marvin said:
bluemoonmatt said:
Gutted we lost but the monkey has gone now. We now face our hard month with the millstone/arrogance of being "invincible " now gone. Against Liverpool and now tonight we saw referreing decisions made with the intentions to level things up. The ref tried and succeeded that tonight. At Anfield, Atkinson proved that reducing us to ten doesnt stop up, twattenburg merely went one step further, did the ten men thing and then awarded a penalty on top, which shall we say if that costs us the title my dying breath will be "but how's he supposed to move his arm outta the way".

Oh well its gone now so we look forward to games without that Arsenal thing going on in our heads. We WILL get revenge for this, we will grow stronger through adversity. Its been a tough week for the modern day city fan, but a good old blast from the past for the rest of us. Whatever we must make sure our humour recalls how far we've come and how so much further we are gonna go before we stop.
Every defeat saps your confidence, and puts doubts in the back of your mind, and hope in your rival's

Wow you're quite the ray of sunshine are'nt ya, Anyway not in any team I played in it did'nt, no offence fella but glad you were no team mate of mine.
There's no ray of sunshine in losing an unbeaten run

Marvin said:
bluemoonmatt said:
Marvin said:
Every defeat saps your confidence, and puts doubts in the back of your mind, and hope in your rival's

Wow you're quite the ray of sunshine are'nt ya, Anyway not in any team I played in it did'nt, no offence fella but glad you were no team mate of mine.
There's no ray of sunshine in losing an unbeaten run
There is if it leads to refs no longer being out to get us. Says it all when BBC's own right up displays the stat that our club have now had 3 off in the last six so next week we'll be alright but week after? maybe they wont be quite so keen, who know's, Im not prepared to accept Im paranoid yet but I expect refs to ease of silly shit now. I would expect to be awarded a pen for the Silva challenge, I expect Meireles to get sent off before ours do, etc etc Im off to bed fuck it

ok, we lost elcashico but we'll batter Arse next week and go on another unbeaton run - i aint worried one bit.

Marvin said:
bluemoonmatt said:
Gutted we lost but the monkey has gone now. We now face our hard month with the millstone/arrogance of being "invincible " now gone. Against Liverpool and now tonight we saw referreing decisions made with the intentions to level things up. The ref tried and succeeded that tonight. At Anfield, Atkinson proved that reducing us to ten doesnt stop up, twattenburg merely went one step further, did the ten men thing and then awarded a penalty on top, which shall we say if that costs us the title my dying breath will be "but how's he supposed to move his arm outta the way".

Oh well its gone now so we look forward to games without that Arsenal thing going on in our heads. We WILL get revenge for this, we will grow stronger through adversity. Its been a tough week for the modern day city fan, but a good old blast from the past for the rest of us. Whatever we must make sure our humour recalls how far we've come and how so much further we are gonna go before we stop.

safe to say there will be many ups and downs before the season ends. Gutted about tonight because its put doubts in my mind that we have what it takes to beat the rags or arsenal.

bridgeblue said:
One of our best features from last season was the teams response to a defeat. If we respond in the same way this season we will win it.

we actually did each time this season too. Lost at Munich in some strange situation, won 4:0 (at Blackburn, I think). I guess that was the most magnificent moment of our season so far, even better than one at Swamp. Not many teams would come back with such a win after all what happened in Munich.

Lost at Napoli, won domestic one. Dropped from CL, hammered Norwich.

What worries me is our response in the game when things go bad for us. We don't look like we are able to recover in such situations. Fulham, Bayern, Napoli, Liverpool, Chelsea.. we basically disappeared each time we conceded goal in all these matches. And Mancini looks like he gets lost a lot in such situations too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.