The more I see David Silva play the more I worry.

I think he's worthy of a statue at the club when he retiires to remind us all and tell tales to our kids/ grandkids of just how fortunate we have been to watch our(arguably) finest ever player to wear the shirt.

Like many, I concur, will be a sad day when he walks down the tunnel for the last time for us.

This - he's overtaken Diaz this season as our best prospect. Easy to get over-excited about youth coming through but that U18 team has some incredible talent

yep. some players you can just see the talent. foden is gonna go to the top. an attack of foden, sterling, sane, jesus, de bruyne is the dream

Who knows. But whether he could or not, I don't think there's a cat in hell's chance that he will, and it would be a terrible waste if he did, imho.
I've seen enough to see that Jesus Is brilliant and would be brilliant wherever he would play.l

Personally I think Silva could play for another 3 or 4 years for us so it's not a worry for me.

He's only 31. In his current role he could have another 3+ years with us easily.

Im sure pep will already be forward planning for the day david hangs up his boots, which will be a very sad day for any genuine football fan let alone us. I feel so priveledged that i have had the opportunity to watch him over the last few years, players of his ability are a very rare breed. Only current player comparable for me would be modric, who is another player that doesn't get the credit he deserves!!

After Colin Bell,David is my all time favourite player.A joy to watch and for me this season its one of his best since putting on that sky blue shirt.As supporters we certainly have been blessed to have this genius at our club.
Well said.

I totally understand where you are coming from and agree we can look clueless without him. The first half against Burnley being a prime example, he came on at half time and changed the game.

However, if we stick to this 433, which I really hope we do because we look unstoppable with it, then I think long term Gundogan will be an excellent long term replacement. He's not quite as good on the ball, but he's still a fine player and maybe could give us something slightly different, higher tempo, more energy, more aggression.

If you look at the Bayer Monchengladbach game at home it was 433 with DeBruyne and Gundogan as the number 8s and they looked fantastic together. That role is ideal for Gundogan.

On current form I can't see how you could possibly take Silva out of the side, he has been an absolute joy to watch this season and deserves player of the year so far. But long term I think Gundogan can be superb in the same role, although he'll play it slightly differently. Exciting times ahead!

Our team in 2 or 3 years could be:

..................Rulli
Maffeo...Tosin...Stones....Angelino
...............A. Garcia
.......DeBruyne....Gundogan
Sterling........Jesus.......Sané

What's crazy is that lineup IS what we COULD be in 2-3 years...if we don't buy a single player. We obviously are going to be spending big this summer. Just imagine what we actually will have in 2-3 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.