The most boring or random meeting of a City player

maineroad68

in light of the 'I Met Robbie' thread - which i really enjoyed coz it was non sensationalist, every day normal bloke meets City hero story, what's your most random or boring chance encounter with a City player- past or present?

might sound boring to some but isn't this part of being a fan and the sort of stories that when you were a kid would have been proper exciting?

The most boring one that springs to mind- and it's more a sighting than a meeting- is driving round Oldham Mumps roundabout a few years back and Kenny Clements was in the car next to me- presumably teaching someone to drive - seeing as he was in the passenger seat and his car was covered in KENNY CLEMENTS DRIVING INSTRUCTOR logos!!

MVF(RIP) taking photos of me in the gym! ( Well probably taking photos of the gym with me in it)

I got in invite to the grand opening of Relish in town, my mate work’s on Hollyoaks and got me on the guest list. Anyway Distin was there with Dabo and Corradi. So I went over to say hi and get some photos. Distin was a really nice guy and offered to buy me a drink. Later in the night he came over and asked me what I hoped for over the next season and introduced me to our new signings Dabo and Corradi, and then he said “let’s talk over a drink I think we’re all drinking wine. Just grab a bottle of whatever”. I went to the bar and ordered up it was a free bar at the start of the night so I wasn’t that bothered but it was now pushing 12 and they had started charging. It cost me a bleeding fortune and I swear he knew it!

I met Stevie Ireland just outside Coast in the Trafford Centre looking very pissed off the morning we played AC Milan in pre-season, when he was supposed to be signing for Sunderland. He was doing the manly thing and waiting for his missus leaning against the barrier outside the shop.

Years ago i was in a card shop buying my mum a birthday card alongside another guy who was looking through the cards. It was Denis Law when he was a blue, i couldn,t resist but ask him to sign the card, happy birthday mum, Dennis Law.. class..(wish i could find it)

Neil McNab buying shed loads of beer in the off licence after we got relegated at stoke, we shed a tear and went our separate ways !

Mike Summerbee in the car park one day. Buzzer knew someone I was with and came over. Then spent the next 5 minutes laying into City fans for the endless grief we were giving Nicky. Called us all sorts.

I met Pearce and Distin and Lee Croft at the launch of a summer range at a Manchester Mens clothes shop,just the day before Pearce became manager.
I had a little chat with Croft,who was chuffed that Pearce was going to become full time manager(he wasn't a few months later,he was sold !).
Got Distins autograph on a scrap of paper,with the only pen I had in my pocket,a little blue bookies pen from William Hills !!
When talking to Pearce he asked where I was from,and told him Chorley,where there are is good contingent of Blues,he said oh yeah I know Chorley,I thought Fuck Off no you dont !!
Pretty shite really as we were to find out in the following months on the pitch as well.

Also met the Goat a few times,once at Maine Rd after he had parked up his car,and once leaving training at Carrington...what a legend,always smiling and very chatty,god I miss that fella !!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.