The most depressing group you have ever heard?

Not a group but Dido's songs are music to kill yourself whilst singing them.
Yep, I was trying to think who was the worst. You've nailed it.
Monotonous turgid shite. Why do the Samaritans play her songs when they put you on hold....... mind you the rest dont have to wait as long......
'You're 46 in the queue...... You're 7th in the queue

For a band I hate, Keane.

For a band I love, how about Antlers.

Their album Hospice is a concept album, and "tells the story of a relationship between a hospice worker and a female patient suffering from terminal bone cancer, their ensuing romance, and their slow downward spiral as a result of the woman's traumas, fears, and disease. The story of her deterioration also serves as a metaphor for an abusive relationship."

The music and lyrics entirely live up to this description. As a bonus, they also songs on other albums called "Every night my teeth are falling out", and "Putting the Dog to sleep".

Highly recommended :)

----
As a bonus, I'd add in Aldous Harding, who has a song called "What if birds aren't singing... they're screaming" - that's surely one of the most depressing thoughts in pop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.