The most famous person to go to your...

bluestevei said:
john sherwood who was my teacher for sports, who for the young 1s won a medal at mexico 1968 and john loundes who also was my sports teacher who played for castleford

john sherwood was the unfortunate victim of a classic david coleman fuck up in the 1968 olympics. britain's david hemery was leading coming off the final bend & coleman starts hyperventilating & screaming in a disturbingly high pitched voice. this built up rapidly until hemery crossed the line when he screamed "it's hemery first, the russian second, who cares who's third!" several seconds later he muttered quietly that in fact john sherwood had finished third for a bronze medal.

dell74 said:
Peter Sutcliffe was in my woodwork class and the **** was always borrowing my hammer.
I reckon we went to the same school! Although I was never there when he went, Sir Fred Hoyle and Garath Batty (the bowler who Brian Lara got his 400th run off)<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:04 pm --<br /><br />
dell74 said:
Peter Sutcliffe was in my woodwork class and the **** was always borrowing my hammer.
I reckon we went to the same school! Although I was never there when he went, Sir Fred Hoyle and Garath Batty (the bowler who Brian Lara got his 400th run off)

Quite a few in my school including Ben Kingsley, Robert Powell, Mike Atherton and John Crawley. Three who were there the same time as me (and I knew) were Sir Nicholas Hytner, Director of the National Theatre, Sir Howard Davies, ex deputy governor of the Bank of England and Martin Sixsmith, who was the BBC correspondent in Moscow & Washington and was the consultant on The Thick of It.

I then went to what was then Manchester Poly, one person who was a contemporary of mine was a man called Paul Walsh. We must have shared a few classes but I didn't know him. He is now CEO of Diageo, the company that owns the Guinness & Smirnoff brands among others.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Quite a few in my school including Ben Kingsley, Robert Powell, Mike Atherton and John Crawley. Three who were there the same time as me (and I knew) were Sir Nicholas Hytner, Director of the National Theatre, Sir Howard Davies, ex deputy governor of the Bank of England and Martin Sixsmith, who was the BBC correspondent in Moscow & Washington and was the consultant on The Thick of It.

I then went to what was then Manchester Poly, one person who was a contemporary of mine was a man called Paul Walsh. We must have shared a few classes but I didn't know him. He is now CEO of Diageo, the company that owns the Guinness & Smirnoff brands among others.
So how did it go so wrong for you? ;)

tueartsboots said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

So how did it go so wrong for you? ;)
A question I've asked myself many times.

But you've just reminded me - Tony Brett went to my primary school.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.