The Music

Possibly my favourite ever group. 3 strong albums (although perhaps never made the great record they were capable of), certainly the best live band I've seen, and on a personal level through their forum I got to know a lot of top people who have become good friends.

They were right to call it a day when they did though, the spark seemed to be missing. They're all still doing their thing in various musical projects so good luck to them.

If you've never been down the front during Bleed From Within or Let Love Be The Healer then I'm afraid you've never lived.

You may still get the chance Des, they're young enough that I wouldn't completely rule out a reformation down the line.

I had tickets for that last ever gig in Leeds, but in the end couldn't go - gutted doesn't begin to describe it!

Shands said:
You may still get the chance Des, they're young enough that I wouldn't completely rule out a reformation down the line.

I had tickets for that last ever gig in Leeds, but in the end couldn't go - gutted doesn't begin to describe it!

I was at the last ever gig in Leeds and it was incredible. By far the best band I've seen live. I've got a feeling that they'll be back again one day as I just think they toured the first 2 albums too much and kind of fell out of love with playing.

I tweeted the drummer last night and asked him if it's the end of The Music or will you reform in the future to which he replied "never say never".

I personally think that they've got so much left to give that it'll be a complete waste to completely pack it in.

seen these at XFMS winter wounderland bout 3 years ago, they was quality on the same night though i discovered my love for "Cage the Elephant" they are immense seen them 3 times since

but performers of the night was the subways

nevilletogoater-in said:
Shands said:

I was at the last ever gig in Leeds and it was incredible. By far the best band I've seen live. I've got a feeling that they'll be back again one day as I just think they toured the first 2 albums too much and kind of fell out of love with playing.

I tweeted the drummer last night and asked him if it's the end of The Music or will you reform in the future to which he replied "never say never".

I personally think that they've got so much left to give that it'll be a complete waste to completely pack it in.

I'm a bit out of touch with goings on at the moment, but Phil is drumming for Theme Park just now isn't he and Rob is doing that project with Mike Skinner (The Dot was it?). Adam apparently had a stack of tracks he'd been working on at home in preperation of the aborted fourth album, don't know if he's got any concrete plans to do anything with them yet.

I'm not entirely sure the decision to split was one taken by all four of them, and like you I have a feeling that down the road there may be a time where they come back together.

Shands said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
Shands said:

I'm a bit out of touch with goings on at the moment, but Phil is drumming for Theme Park just now isn't he and Rob is doing that project with Mike Skinner (The Dot was it?). Adam apparently had a stack of tracks he'd been working on at home in preperation of the aborted fourth album, don't know if he's got any concrete plans to do anything with them yet.

I'm not entirely sure the decision to split was one taken by all four of them, and like you I have a feeling that down the road there may be a time where they come back together.

Yeah that's right. I think that Stuart is playing bass with Rob and Mike Skinner on their live shows. Phil's with Theme Park but I have no idea how busy that will keep him.

Adam always seem to be the brains behind the whole thing, looking at interviews etc. From the outside looking in, it looks like Rob got in with Mike Skinner and thought he could make it bigger with them.

I think they're all still really close mates so perhaps time away from each other is just what they need. I've said to my mate 5 years tops before they're back playing together.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.