the myth of celtic and their incredible support?

Yeah, I'll get right on that.

Yeah you should, maybe it will encourage you to have a bit of a sing song next time you're in the Etihad, instead of sitting on your arse with your arms folded like 90% of the crowd...

Yeah you should, maybe it will encourage you to have a bit of a sing song next time you're in the Etihad, instead of sitting on your arse with your arms folded like 90% of the crowd...
Ouch! I'm still tryin' to work out the ciphered user name. Ahh..got it... Enigma says...COCKWOMBLE.

The 90's were Celtics worst years, and the attendences did slip, however 47,000 isn't bad for 1996/97 considering we had'nt won the league for 8 seasons and Rangers won their 9th in a row to equal our record, City's attendances have not "always been bigger" not by a long shot, on average they have but stats don't always tell the whole story as I have pointed out.

Like you say, stats don't tell the whole story... but just as you have done here, they can be used to make any argument you want them to suit.... for example you bring up the 1996/1997 season's average – that totally ignores the fact that before they they averaged under 30,000 every single year, with the exception of a handful of seasons where they just scraped over that... considering you are one of two teams realistically competing in Scotland, that is very poor imo.
Which leaves the question - why the sudden upswing in attendances in 1996/97???

No need for insults pal.

P.S, If I wanted any lip from you. I'd rattle my zipper.

To be honest I think that the majority of Scottish football fans aged under 30 support Celtic regardless of where they were born.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.