The 'nearly' signings of modern day City

southern muppet

AgueroooOOOO!!! I swear you'll never see anything
Seeing Rasmus Elm playing for Sweden got me thinking about all those players we speculated over signing for what seemed like forever on Bluemoon, and then didn't. It seems like there were a million of these in the first 18 months after the takeover.

This guy spings to mind too
64657_news.jpg

Any more?

We nearly signed Luis Figo in the early 90s when Peter Reid was manager- does that count as "modern day?"

what about the Aussie lad midfielder playing in Serie A, Mark Bresciano???? Another next big thing....................seem to remember being linked with him for a good 18 months.

Where is he these days?

I remember being pretty disappointed when Afonso Alves signed for Boro instead of us. Didn't he then score against us too?

Falastur said:
I remember being pretty disappointed when Afonso Alves signed for Boro instead of us. Didn't he then score against us too?

A shining example of the Eredivisie making an average player look godlike syndrome.

More recently I remember being pissed off when Fabian Delph went to Villa ahead of us, that feels surreal now! Another weird one...we were all willing the club to sign Victor Moses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.