the new oasis album

Oasis are one of my favourite ever bands but it looks like i'm in a minority here, i'm really disappointed with the new album. for me it ranks alongside standing on the shoulders of giants as their weakest album. sounded promising after hearing the shock of the lightening as well. hope it grows on me will give it a chance.

Just can't get I'm Outta Time off my mind....such an great song. I could never have guessed my favorite Oasis song for years would come from Liam and not Noel.

Anyway, I've been thinking about the meaning of it - the last quote from Lennon, (a lot of people seem to be annoyed with Oasis for this, think it's too silly or too obvious or something, I dunno).

"As Churchill said, 'It's every Englishman's inalienable right to live where the hell he likes.' What's it going to do, vanish? It's not going to be there when I get back?"

From what I gather the sample is taken from an interview Lennon conducted in 1980, so he probably never did go back to England or Scouseland. Just gives it a little bit more meaning when you think of that.

Just a middle-of-the-night-thought from me. :)

GoForGlory said:
Just can't get I'm Outta Time off my mind....such an great song. I could never have guessed my favorite Oasis song for years would come from Liam and not Noel.

Anyway, I've been thinking about the meaning of it - the last quote from Lennon, (a lot of people seem to be annoyed with Oasis for this, think it's too silly or too obvious or something, I dunno).

"As Churchill said, 'It's every Englishman's inalienable right to live where the hell he likes.' What's it going to do, vanish? It's not going to be there when I get back?"

From what I gather the sample is taken from an interview Lennon conducted in 1980, so he probably never did go back to England or Scouseland. Just gives it a little bit more meaning when you think of that.

Just a middle-of-the-night-thought from me. :)
Was in an interview with Andy Peebles a few days before he was murdered.

I don't like it. The only Oasis album I haven't bought.

It's all a bit one paced for me and plods on a bit, the whole thing tends to blur into one. The Shock of the Lightning is nothing special, but for me it's the best thing on Dig Out Your Soul by miles

mcigo said:
I don't like it. The only Oasis album I haven't bought.

It's all a bit one paced for me and plods on a bit, the whole thing tends to blur into one. The Shock of the Lightning is nothing special, but for me it's the best thing on Dig Out Your Soul by miles
Naughty boy!

Just joking. That whole Oasis Vs Blur thing was a bunch of nonsense,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.