The new recruits....

Rammy Blue

3 injured - Garcia, Rodwell and Maicon.

1 not in squad - Nastasic.

1 on bench and didn't get on - Sinclair.

Strange that we've spent circa 50mil on these guys and they haven't contributed very much in the first couple of months of the season, I'd say that Garcia's goal against Stoke was the only memorable and valuable moment.

I think its fair to say it certainly wasn't our best window.

Nasty,however,i believe is also injured.........

Sinclair and Maicon are just baffling.

Interestingly our best 2 performances of the season , today and Sunderland have come with last seasons players only!!

joezilla said:
yes, it was 50 million down the drain.

It runs much deeper than that though,we're paying bloody good wages to players that are taking up valuable squad place.

My Portuguese mate is adamant that Garcia will be amazing. Sinclair, nasty and Rodwell were always going to be squad players just like the players they replaced that didn't want to be squad players.

Edit: forgot Maicon, that buy makes no sense to anyone

alib said:
Interestingly our best 2 performances of the season , today and Sunderland have come with last seasons players only!!

Exactly.

50mil to strengthen the bench and populate the treatment tables.

I don't think any of them were intended to improve the first XI because we missed out on our first choices, they were to deepen the squad. Sinclair is basically a happy Johnson and gives us an option. Garcia and Rodwell give us depth and a bit more youth. Nastasic looks good for his age. Maicon is the only confusing one.

alib said:

Obviously cohesion and integration needs to be factored,however,the fact remains,in the main,the players we have bought are not what we needed.

Garcia or Rodwell would have been about it for me but i believe there was far better than either of those to be found.

Nastasic also looks a decent prospect,pick of the bunch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.