The new recruits....

The signings we made were of course not our top targets but when we lost a few players we had to replace them.

Garcia I think is an upgrade on NDJ and he just needs time to settle.

Rodwell is a long term replacement for Barry and Milner who i think will be off in Jan, again like Garcia he needs time.

Nastasic is a replacement for Kolo and Savic, already looks a better option than either of them so a good buy.

Maicon is a signing we didn't really need but he is here now so I am going to support him and he needs a bit of time to get used to the prem also to see the best of him.

Sinclair is a signing we had to make when Johnson left. We don't play with wingers from the start so there is no point in a Bale etc. We just needed someone in the squad who is different to Silva and Nasri who doesn't expect to play every game and won't complain. We lack someone with his pace so I think he is a good option to have and at the reported 6m? Good signing IMO.

alky313 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
My Portuguese mate is adamant that Garcia will be amazing. Sinclair, nasty and Rodwell were always going to be squad players just like the players they replaced that didn't want to be squad players.

Edit: forgot Maicon, that buy makes no sense to anyone

I do believe that Maicon is seen as the the rotating rightsided fullback with Zabaleta in the same respect, Richards is definitely being groomed as a centrehalf

Still not need though mate. i understand rotation and that Bobby will want Richards as a center half but as it stands its just not needed and wasnt. Will always support the lads and Maicon is a City player now so gets my support just so bizarre

FantasyIreland said:
Sinclair and Maicon are just baffling.

I'd add Rodwell to that list too because of what he's contributed so far in a City shirt. Perhaps he'll develop next season but if he's needed during a crisis then I think the crisis will get bigger.

Garcia could be the best signing of the lot.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
alky313 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
My Portuguese mate is adamant that Garcia will be amazing. Sinclair, nasty and Rodwell were always going to be squad players just like the players they replaced that didn't want to be squad players.

Edit: forgot Maicon, that buy makes no sense to anyone

I do believe that Maicon is seen as the the rotating rightsided fullback with Zabaleta in the same respect, Richards is definitely being groomed as a centrehalf

Still not need though mate. i understand rotation and that Bobby will want Richards as a center half but as it stands its just not needed and wasnt. Will always support the lads and Maicon is a City player now so gets my support just so bizarre

Who would you have played at right back when Micah and Zabby were out?

Barcon said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Having both the right backs out is sheer bad luck but Kolo Toure or even Milner could do a shift there if needs be. Lescott can play left back too.

Barcon said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
alky313 said:

Well im guessing that was while I was away so I dont know how many games it was. Yet the argument is 2 players for each posistion and at worst you play a player out of postion. Okay things happened and both RB's were injured. I have drunk a bit too much for a decent convo but I stand by my statement of the Maicon transfer being strange

peoffrey said:
Barcon said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Having both the right backs out is sheer bad luck but Kolo Toure or even Milner could do a shift there if needs be. Lescott can play left back too.

Both our recognised rightbacks were injured so we signed one for around three mill. He might not be the greatest rightback out there, but how people think it was bizare and baffling is just weird.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.