The new training complex.

jrb said:
Should have posted the latest pictures in here. Posted them in the Etihad Campus thread by mistake.

Anyway.

Can you believe it's the same place? 1967.

113069566_football_336211b.jpg

The land will have undergone dramatic change from 35-years-ago when it was a chemical plant in 1967

Again great to see this "before" photo and compared with the "proposed" photo .

Thank you for posting .

Ladybarn Blue . said:
jrb said:
Should have posted the latest pictures in here. Posted them in the Etihad Campus thread by mistake.

Anyway.

The land will have undergone dramatic change from 35-years-ago when it was a chemical plant in 1967

Thank you for posting .

fantastic picture,cant work out which is Alan Turing way etc.

Ruining Training since 2014.

Will they let the fans name areas of the complex. I propose the David Gill suite for the toilet traps.

SWSB said:
Ladybarn Blue . said:
jrb said:

Anyway.

Thank you for posting .

What appears to be a coal yard left of top centre (large black square) to the right of the chimneys is where the Velodrome is now. The Velodrome car park on Bank Street which was United's ground until 1909ish!

The two long buildings (Bradford Iron Works) in the top left are pretty much where ASDA is now.

Unfortunately where the Etihad is now is out of shot to the extreme top left of the photo.

The chimneys were part of an Electricity generating station sited to the south of Philips Park, West of Bank Street and North of the Canal.

Hope this helps and it has all been gathered by looking at the photo and a 1932 map I have of Clayton.

Just a quick question for those that maybe are a little more informed.

Will the training complex be available for sponsorship. I mean different parts of it? Or is it just under the whole umbrella of the Etihad deal?Just thinking of further revenue streams.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Just a quick question for those that maybe are a little more informed.

Will the training complex be available for sponsorship. I mean different parts of it? Or is it just under the whole umbrella of the Etihad deal?Just thinking of further revenue streams.

I'm sure if there's a further way to piss Twatini off we'll find it.

Great pic, when did those cooling towers vanish, must of been a fare sized power station by the looks of it and prob used to power the Clayton analine site

MaineRoadBlue said:
SWSB said:
Ladybarn Blue . said:

Thank you for posting .

What appears to be a coal yard left of top centre (large black square) to the right of the chimneys is where the Velodrome is now. The Velodrome car park on Bank Street which was United's ground until 1909ish!

The two long buildings (Bradford Iron Works) in the top left are pretty much where ASDA is now.

Alan Turing Way now runs along the route of what was Mill Street. Part of this can clearly be seen on the left of the picture. To the left again you will see buildings running parallel. Those are buildings on Grey Mare Lane which joins Mill Street to the middle left of the photo just before the clearly visible dogleg in the road.

The junction of Mill Street (Alan Turing Way) and the road running from left to right, (Ashton New Road) is the site where the new Academy flyover will be.

Unfortunately where the Etihad is now is out of shot to the extreme top left of the photo.

The chimneys were part of an Electricity generating station sited to the south of Philips Park, West of Bank Street and North of the Canal.

Hope this helps and it has all been gathered by looking at the photo and a 1932 map I have of Clayton.
I think that the road with a dogleg is actually Corbett Street leading on to Colliery Street.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.