The no comment interview, good or bad ?

talkativesprout

Not a recent occurence that has plagued me but, in the past being honest and forthcoming has not worked in my favour in police interviews. so with the cps being full of different planeteers. my advice is say feck all, guilty or not, make the twats work

along with the lines of do you want the duty ? if you dont have your own BIG YES, guilty or not tell them your going no comment....is my advice

A 'no comment' interview can be an unenviable experience for the investigating officer.He has to make sure he has asked every question covering every angle of the case,which obviously can lead to technicalities arising if the interview prep isn't thorough.

On the flip side,if you choose not to answer in interview when given the opportunity,instead waiting till court,an adverse inference may be drawn leading to the jury etc. to come to their own conclusions as to why you chose to remain silent at that time.

Obviously,if you have nothing to hide and are genuinely innocent,imo,a no comment stance is a poor approach,however,if guilty........

And always get a solicitor,duty or otherwise

tasker said:
only go no comment if guilty, if not tell them the truth

I take it you didn't read the blog from a serving officer who was fed up of "innocent people" getting the shitty end of the stick by "doing the right thing"
Say nothing and ask for a solicitor whether your guilty or not is the best course of action.

I can't find the full quote but here is some of it.

I thought it would be a good idea to give out a bit of general guidance for those law abiding types who find themselves under suspicion or under arrest. It works for the bad guys so make it work for you

'If the Police arrive to lock you up, say nothing. You are a decent person and you may think that reasoning with the Police will help. “If I can only explain, they will realise it is all a horrible mistake and go away”. Wrong. We do want to talk to you on tape in an interview room but that comes later.

'All you are doing by trying to explain is digging yourself further in. We call that stuff a significant statement and we love it. Decent folk can’t help themselves, they think that they can talk their way out. Wrong.'

Google 'Nightjack' for more

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.