The no comment interview, good or bad ?

stony said:
I can't find the full quote but here is some of it.

I thought it would be a good idea to give out a bit of general guidance for those law abiding types who find themselves under suspicion or under arrest. It works for the bad guys so make it work for you

'If the Police arrive to lock you up, say nothing. You are a decent person and you may think that reasoning with the Police will help. “If I can only explain, they will realise it is all a horrible mistake and go away”. Wrong. We do want to talk to you on tape in an interview room but that comes later.

'All you are doing by trying to explain is digging yourself further in. We call that stuff a significant statement and we love it. Decent folk can’t help themselves, they think that they can talk their way out. Wrong.'

Google 'Nightjack' for more

Yep,i can agree with that,the law abiding naive amongst us can often talk themselves into a charge due to their honesty,morals and beliefs and subsequently their actions and statements.The law doesn't do grey areas,this can be your downfall...

FantasyIreland said:
stony said:
I can't find the full quote but here is some of it.

Google 'Nightjack' for more

Yep,i can agree with that,the law abiding naive amongst us can often talk themselves into a charge due to their honesty,morals and beliefs and subsequently their actions and statements.The law doesn't do grey areas,this can be your downfall...
agreed, I was assualted in my own home a few years ago, told the absolute truth and got charged with assault, took 9 months for case to be thrown out- fooking terrifying time

Personally depending on the case I quite often love a no comment iuc.
Just go through the questions prepared beforehand, less chance of being taken off track, and if they later decide to tell a story in court, it WILL be in the Judge or jury's mind as to why they didnt give that story when interviewed, instead of a few months later

"I tell you I didn't do it
'Cause I wasn't there
Don't blame me, it just isn't fair
You listen to their side
Now listen to mine
Can't think of a story
Sure you'll find me some time

Now pass the blame and don't blame me"

the song is called Shut Up. Wise words

'No comment' is my stock answer when questioned by the piggies about anything, give them the time of day and they will ram it up you so hard you'll wish you'd never been born.

Stay away from pigs, kids.

tasker said:
only go no comment if guilty, if not tell them the truth
ever been done for breaking old windows in a comunal area by throwing them on a broken toilet that came from the house that decided to make a pile of shit ? ? perhaps i needed one of said old widow frames to fall on my kid, then perhaps the law would of fallen on my side

timesprout said:
tasker said:
only go no comment if guilty, if not tell them the truth
ever been done for breaking old windows in a comunal area by throwing them on a broken toilet that came from the house that decided to make a pile of shit ? ? perhaps i needed one of said old widow frames to fall on my kid, then perhaps the law would of fallen on my side
parden?, i dont like 2 brag about it, but been infront of the courts enough times, and i know what im going on about, and still still stick by my point

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.