The Official Ashes 09 Thread

Fucking yes - was nervous as hell this morning but we got the job done. Would've been a monumental effort if Australia had won. I reckon with the way test cricket has changed, the chances of a team chasing down 500+ in the 4th innings to win a game have improved.

I'm worried for the next Ashes.

Flintoff is the only player we have that the Aussies are absolutely terrified of. What a talisman, when he isn't getting wickets himself he gets them for others by shaking up the batsmen. Phenomenal bowler.

The series is starting to feel like 2005 again.

Great effort by Flintoff and Swann as well.

That's one of the best spells of quick bowling I've seen and I don't think there's anyone else in the world capable of doing that.

Clark will be kicking himself after getting done by Swann as he's supposedly one of the best players of spin in world cricket. If he'd stayed there with Johnson for an hour I'd have been getting worried.

Bring on Edgbaston. Harmison in for Onions please.

Just after he announced his retirement I had a look at the odds for him to get sports personality of the year. 33-1 he was at the time. think it might have dropped now though. Off to check.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.