The Official Ashes 09 Thread

bornblueegg said:
Wheelsy said:
To get to the new ball.

How do you see this going Wheelsy?
Very poorly to be honest. This pair MUST survive until the close of play.

But I mean fuck me, the Ashes are on the line, and you have to bat for two whole days. So we have two blokes run out and one stumped. Crazy stuff.

Wheelsy said:
bornblueegg said:
How do you see this going Wheelsy?

But I mean fuck me, the Ashes are on the line, and you have to bat for two whole days. So we have two blokes run out and one stumped. Crazy stuff.

Have to say we spoke before the start and you mentioned Siddle being your best bowler. I've been really impressed by him with the ball and the other day with the bat. Johnson coming to the party at headingly I feared the worst. After losing so many world class players, Langer, Warne et al I was very hopeful. Well played, what ever the outcome

Well played strauss with keeping england batting so long. That tactic may have won the ashes.

bornblueegg said:
Wheelsy said:

Have to say we spoke before the start and you mentioned Siddle being your best bowler. I've been really impressed by him with the ball and the other day with the bat. Johnson coming to the party at headingly I feared the worst. After losing so many world class players, Langer, Warne et al I was very hopeful. Well played, what ever the outcome
Yeah Siddle you can at least rely upon to put a shift in. He's not spectacular, but far more consistent than Johnson.

North was the one I predicted to do well (I was the only one to pick him in the fantasy league from the start) and he repaid my faith. A fantastic domestic player for ages and good to see him cement a spot in the national team. Now get Hughes back in there!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.