The Official Ashes 09 Thread

stavros said:
wouldnt say he was crap, but i agree he bowls far too many '4 balls' .

so does johnson, its eaither 4, dot, wide, wicket LOL an absolute lucky dip!

but i agree with meesh, he does not look like he has the ability to penetrate a batting line up. yes he is young and no doubt he will improve, but test cricket and the ashes isnt about development, its about playing the best 11 players in the country, no matter how old or young. All the "development" should have been done against the Windies, but when us big boys come, to play the likes of Broad, Onions and Bopara ahead of Harmi and Bell is staggering.

Anyway, hope this rain can piss off so we get more cricket in, at 2/47 this game is on a knives edge.
Its time for Mr Cricket to deliver...

smiles said:
Is broad bowling well? because going on his economy he looks crap

he didnt bowl THAT badly, just the last three balls before the rain let him down (4 down to fine leg, a 3 then a pull shot 4 through square leg) but he just does not look like he will take multiple wickets, or any wicket.

im surprised this onions fella hasnt been thrown the ball tbh.

Blue down under said:
stavros said:
wouldnt say he was crap, but i agree he bowls far too many '4 balls' .

so does johnson, its eaither 4, dot, wide, wicket LOL an absolute lucky dip!

but i agree with meesh, he does not look like he has the ability to penetrate a batting line up. yes he is young and no doubt he will improve, but test cricket and the ashes isnt about development, its about playing the best 11 players in the country, no matter how old or young. All the "development" should have been done against the Windies, but when us big boys come, to play the likes of Broad, Onions and Bopara ahead of Harmi and Bell is staggering.

Anyway, hope this rain can piss off so we get more cricket in, at 2/47 this game is on a knives edge.
Its time for Mr Cricket to deliver...

Mr Cricket is bound to deliver now as I dropped him for Ponting int he fantasy league team.

<a class="postlink" href="http://slagdog.mybrute.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://slagdog.mybrute.com</a>

I am a neutral but I really want to see Hussey perform as I am a big fan of him especially after Strauss (another player I like) played a brilliant innings.

On a side note I cannot believe that some of the english fans on here do not know the rules for a follow on. You invented the game ffs.

england selectors have done it again!

you'd have thought that after taking just 6 wickets for the entire test, that a guy who averages 16 in first class this season, has test match experience and bowls 90+ clicks and hour would have been a chance to come into the side? NOPE!!!

and to stick it up every single pommie critic once more, Steven Harmison just took 6/20 for Durham whilst Stuart Broad and Graham Onions are bowling power puffs...

oh yeah, and at tea day 2; aussies 2/87 trailing by 338 with katich 40*and hussey 37*

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.