The Official Ashes 09 Thread

Stuart said:
jim , alot of rain forecast for sunday/monday in london . can't understand why strauss hasn't enforced the follow on ? botham's doing his fruit . he can't understand either ?
Botham's like a dog with a bone re. the caribbean. They're gone Ian; move on. As for the weather forecast Stuart, that is true. However, IIRC, wasn't the forecast for yesterday decidely ropey as well?

Stuart said:
jim , alot of rain forecast for sunday/monday in london . can't understand why strauss hasn't enforced the follow on ? botham's doing his fruit . he can't understand either ?

Yeh.

If them lot get a couple of early wickets, the momentum shifts, and, in very technical cricket terms, were fucked.

Our batsmen have looked poor, and our bowlers have looked decent for the first time since 2005, so why give them the chance to shift the momentum?

I think not enforcing the follow-on could well be bang on.
The wicket is only going to deteriorate,and I wouldn't fancy us chasing 200 plus batting last on a shady track.
We should knock 300 off without problems,and no-one has ever chased 500 successfully at Lords.
Only problem now could be the weather,or the light once the whinging Aussies bat to save the game.

great (sarcastic), we didnt enforce the follow on so i will now tell you whats gonna happen! we'll bat well, get to a lead of about 400 then strauss deciding its not enough, bat on and get a lead of about 550/600, aussies bat out the test either through good batting or rain and we waste a great chanc of winning the test, whereas as we could have enforced it and even if they do play well we wouldnt be chasing a lot more than 200 at the most! great captaincy :s

Correct decision not to enforce the follow on, it's a top batting pitch at the minute and theres very little swing coming from the bowlers so we should bat till around lunchtime tomorrow and hopefully get to about 600 and then the pressure will all be on the aussies

mcfc_nick said:
great (sarcastic), we didnt enforce the follow on so i will now tell you whats gonna happen! we'll bat well, get to a lead of about 400 then strauss deciding its not enough, bat on and get a lead of about 550/600, aussies bat out the test either through good batting or rain and we waste a great chanc of winning the test, whereas as we could have enforced it and even if they do play well we wouldnt be chasing a lot more than 200 at the most! great captaincy :s
Is your middle name Ian? ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.