The Official Ashes 09 Thread

Wheelsy said:
Extra points for making sure it had an Australian reference, Jim.
One tries one's best!! I just find it ironic, the whole "whinging poms" bit. You lot are just as bad!! We can say now that you wrote the book on it!!

It doesn't matter where the front foot lands, it is where it is when the ball is released which could happen before hand.

Ponting and Hussey both need Daddy Hundreds or it is 1-0 to us (would have settled for 0-1 this time last week).

Corky said:
It doesn't matter where the front foot lands, it is where it is when the ball is released which could happen before hand.

Ponting and Hussey both need Daddy Hundreds or it is 1-0 to us (would have settled for 0-1 this time last week).

The front foot doesn't go backwards when it lands, it remains planted whilst the ball is realeased.

I've never seen a bowler regularly release the ball before their front foot lands, a la mid air bowling!

GStar said:
Corky said:

The front foot doesn't go backwards when it lands, it remains planted whilst the ball is realeased.

I've never seen a bowler regularly release the ball before their front foot lands, a la mid air bowling!
Chris Harris used to.

Wheelsy said:
GStar said:

Chris Harris used to.

Great, one.

Still, its kind of a moot point. Since Chris Harris hasn't been reincarnated into Peter North, being that Harris is still alive and well.

Marcus North?

He didn't bowl for Lancashire when he played for us, we did have Murali and Keedy though...

myleftfoot said:
myleftfoot said:
while we are waiting for england to skittle out the blunders from down under, how about a little quiz question.

there are 10 ways of getting out in cricket, what are they?

this got lost in all the exitement of the ossies losing another wicket.

anybody?
Caught
Bowled
LBW
Run out
Stumped
Obstructing the field
Hitting the ball twice
Hit wicket
Handled ball
Timed out

myleftfoot said:
myleftfoot said:
while we are waiting for england to skittle out the blunders from down under, how about a little quiz question.

there are 10 ways of getting out in cricket, what are they?

this got lost in all the exitement of the ossies losing another wicket.

anybody?
Bowled
Caught
LBW
Stumped
Run Out
Hit Wicket
Timed Out
Hit Ball Twice
Need to think about the other two...
Of course handled ball, would have taken me longer to ge obstructing the field.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.