The official best English chippy within 20 miles of Manchester thread.

Hitlers in Heywood used to be the best, but it went downhill when he retired. He was a tight fisted fucker though. He used to cut the fish in half with a pair of scissors before frying it, but still charge top price.
Which one was Hitler's? I usually go Summit or Mike's English (even though he's Greek) Chippy round the side of the Horse & Jockey.

He died didn't he?
Good Chippie though
He did and his daughter took over for a while. Not sure who has it now or if it's still going. Great chippy in it's day. Heywood had some excellent butty shops too. Greenwoods was exceptional, the best pies I have ever tasted anywhere. It was a sad day when they sold up. I know they started up again on the Phoenix ind est and started supplying pubs and shops but although the recipe was supposed to be the same, the pastry was different and much poorer for it. I still crave their meat and potato pies and the meat pies were simply out of this world. Sad day indeed when they closed.
I feel all teary eyed just thinking about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.