The Official EDS and Academy Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
spinzer said:
FantasyIreland said:
Regarding Huws,i havent seen much of him recently,so who,in our first team set up,is he most similar to and whose place could he potentially fill?
emyr huws, id say he reminds me mostly of bary, with a quite long passing range. He does look good on the ball aswell

Ta Spinzer,it would be great if he could break through.

There really is no chance of a player being good enough for a first team that has yearly ambitions of winning the league and CL if they are only getting loans at the Oldham's and Northampton Towns of the world.

Swindon have just taken 4 Spurs U21 lads on loan this season. I am surprised more club's have not done this.

Say for example, we have Shrewsbury Town as a feeder club, 5-6 lads could get valuable first team experience whether playing week in week out if good/strong enough and Shrewsbury could have 5-6 first team members who don't cost a penny.

WNRH said:
Swindon have just taken 4 Spurs U21 lads on loan this season. I am surprised more club's have not done this.

Say for example, we have Shrewsbury Town as a feeder club, 5-6 lads could get valuable first team experience whether playing week in week out if good/strong enough and Shrewsbury could have 5-6 first team members who don't cost a penny.

I heard a few months ago we might be doing this with Oldham, but have heard nothing of it since so I don't know if it's in the plans.

Marcos Lopes just scored for Portugals U19's against Lithuania on Eurosport 2. Him and Bernardo Silva are great together, so are the two fullbacks. It's amazing how much more technically gifted the Portuguese kids are than the full english national team. They make mistakes, but they are so much more comfortable on the ball. Can't defend set pieces though, they look ropey

BigOscar said:
Marcos Lopes just scored for Portugals U19's against Lithuania on Eurosport 2. Him and Bernardo Silva are great together, so are the two fullbacks. It's amazing how much more technically gifted the Portuguese kids are than the full english national team. They make mistakes, but they are so much more comfortable on the ball. Can't defend set pieces though, they look ropey
Cheers for that update mate. Really think there is something extra in marcos lopes. He is one of the best in that u19 squad and also one of the youngest. Last time i checked squad age he was the youngest and at that time he won player of the tournament :P

Shame in a way Lopes isnt with the senior guys on tour. Would love to see him get a bit of game time this season.

For those looking for the goal

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.footytube.com/video/portugal-u19-lithuania-u19-jul26-187810" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footytube.com/video/portugal ... l26-187810</a>

His goal was a good goal, but the keeper should have saved it. He ran the game though, so many times he just turned his man and ran at the defence causing panic. He played a major part in all 4 goals, along with the RB Cancelo. Dare I say there is a bit of Kaka about him? Mainly with the way he dribbles through central areas with speed and his eye for a pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.