The Official EDS and Academy Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
CTID101 said:
Grieffymcfcctid said:
im not getting my hopes up on anymore, they all fuck off because we dont give them enough chances
They have to earn the chance.
By all accounts the EDS/U21 were shite last year, Suarez included although he picked up a bit towards the end.

How could Mancini last season plucked one of the kids out of a poor performing team and throw him into a game with the first team regardless of who it was against or in what competition.

Had the U21/EDS been performing and we were as should be expected around the top of the table, into the latter stages of the NextGen etc then the star players in that group would have been given a chance.
Marcos lopes and Pozo was immense last year, so dont give me that crap. The only problem was that they became injured, but they great for a longer period and should have had some sub ins, maybe not pozo because of his age, but definetly Lopes. Lopes had 5 minutes in a FA cup game, and wonder what happended. He became city's youngest goalscorer ever.

How old is Nimely now? seems to have been around a while and made his debut ages ago!

Always billed as a talented forward but he never scores when out on loan

Reading the Twitter commentary it sounds like a typical United match, with the jammy bastids having shots against them cleared off the line and hitting the woodwork.

Edit: Now complete with the United penalty and goal.

Still an incredible amount of work to be done as it seems every level over u12's are struggling, at least results wise. The new academy being built should attract the best youth players and coaches in Europe.

Decade away from the vision of having half of the first team homegrown.

Andouble said:
Still an incredible amount of work to be done as it seems every level over u12's are struggling, at least results wise. The new academy being built should attract the best youth players and coaches in Europe.

Last years u13 and 14's were both very good?

bluesmith said:
Andouble said:

Last years u13 and 14's were both very good?

Was just being dramatic with the u12's reference :)

So 9 years away instead of 10

just got back, not a bad game we had the majority of the play but didn't convert our chances. Stand out players for me tonight were Nimely, Drury and Jack Byrne when he came on, Razak was told to calm down after a few early rash challenges. What surprised me was the physicality of the United team compared to us, they were imposing next to our players. However I thought we were the better team and didn't deserve to lose.

Still think we should bring in top youth coaches from around the world just like we do with the young players.

I mean Spanish, German, Dutch maybe French coaches who worked well in last few years with lot of youngsters and have a track record of working well...

Also would put someone like this to the Head of Academy instead of Marwood who has not big experience in youth football.

John.des said:
Still think we should bring in top youth coaches from around the world just like we do with the young players.

I mean Spanish, German, Dutch maybe French coaches who worked well in last few years with lot of youngsters and have a track record of working well...

Also would put someone like this to the Head of Academy instead of Marwood who has not big experience in youth football.
We have the top coaches..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.