The Official EDS and Academy Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
just got back via a curry to defrost - excellent performance - Tosin man of the match for me.<br /><br />-- Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:18 pm --<br /><br />
greasedupdeafguy said:
To the people who watch the u18s regularly how do rate Barker?

All the play seems to go through him on the highlights.

first half quite prominent and scored a good goal - subbed in the second.

George Hannah said:
just got back via a curry to defrost - excellent performance - Tosin man of the match for me.

Cheers.

Interesting about your motm,he has been mentioned as quality a few times now,i imagine when he fills out he will be quite a unit as well.

FantasyIreland said:
George Hannah said:
just got back via a curry to defrost - excellent performance - Tosin man of the match for me.

Cheers.

Interesting about your motm,he has been mentioned as quality a few times now,i imagine when he fills out he will be quite a unit as well.

Would be amazing if he grew much taller but yes he has filling out to do for sure.But there is a real footballer in there.

I think though it's surely hard to be MotM as a defender in a game where the other team doesn't offer much in attack.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
FantasyIreland said:
George Hannah said:

Cheers.

Would be amazing if he grew much taller but yes he has filling out to do for sure.But there is a real footballer in there.

I think though it's surely hard to be MotM as a defender in a game where the other team doesn't offer much in attack.
if you'd been there Nelly, you could have seen him start a high proportion of our moves! Also Doncaster had quite a few attacks which he sorted out admirably - they certainly weren't lying down at any point.

George Hannah said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
FantasyIreland said:
Cheers.

if you'd been there Nelly, you could have seen him start a high proportion of our moves! Also Doncaster had quite a few attacks which he sorted out admirably - they certainly weren't lying down at any point.

Good to hear.I do recall at Platt Lane in the last 2 games there he has a confidence to bring the ball out of defence which is great in a lad so young.

Just found this on Karim Rekik loan at PSV. Worth a look as it has some short clips on some of his play. Apparently he looks really good on the ball, but has a lot of work to do with his defending, especially his positioning and tackling. Sorry if I'm not posting this in the right place.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...hester-citys-psv-eindhoven-loanee-karim-rekik

A Progress Report on Manchester City's PSV Eindhoven Loanee Karim Rekik

How has Manchester City's promising 19-year-old Dutch youth international Karim Rekik performed on loan at PSV Eindhoven?

Half-Term Report

PSV manager Phillip Cocu could have selected Jorrit Hendrix or Zanka to partner Jeffrey Bruma; instead Rekik—a temporary option at the club—is the preferred starting centre-back.

For Cocu to start a player whose rights are not owned by PSV shows you how impressive Rekik has been in training.

Rekik's season was interrupted by an ankle injury which forced him to miss seven Eredivisie games, but he was immediately reinstated into the starting XI once he was fully-fit—another indicator of how much trust Cocu has in the teenager.

SunJihai said:
Just found this on Karim Rekik loan at PSV. Worth a look as it has some short clips on some of his play. Apparently he looks really good on the ball, but has a lot of work to do with his defending, especially his positioning and tackling. Sorry if I'm not posting this in the right place.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...hester-citys-psv-eindhoven-loanee-karim-rekik

A Progress Report on Manchester City's PSV Eindhoven Loanee Karim Rekik

How has Manchester City's promising 19-year-old Dutch youth international Karim Rekik performed on loan at PSV Eindhoven?

Half-Term Report

PSV manager Phillip Cocu could have selected Jorrit Hendrix or Zanka to partner Jeffrey Bruma; instead Rekik—a temporary option at the club—is the preferred starting centre-back.

For Cocu to start a player whose rights are not owned by PSV shows you how impressive Rekik has been in training.

Rekik's season was interrupted by an ankle injury which forced him to miss seven Eredivisie games, but he was immediately reinstated into the starting XI once he was fully-fit—another indicator of how much trust Cocu has in the teenager.
exactly the right place to post it I think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.