The official 'Kill The Cheese' thread

I sit in South Stand 3rd Tier and not a bad atmosphere most games, only problem is Level 1 are singing one song were signing a different one and east stand are singing their one. Solution is simple. Get rid of those fucking boxes in tier 2 and create one whole end just like Villa, Spurs and dippers have got. The problem is our vocal support is so disjointed because of the current stadium set up. And for god sake get rid of the bloody away fans from the south stand. I seem to remember putting Bayern Munich fans in east tier 3 and that worked fine.

Come on City sort this mess out and we can all sing with one voice!

The argument about splitting the levels/creating one stand always sounds like a good one but the away teams manage to generate a good atmosphere split on three levels, so it can be done. I think one of the issues which often means City fans are drowned out is that the 3rd tier of the South Stand was designed to allow sound to bounce back into the stadium. The club listened to fans and made the roof design take into account that but sadly tier three home section is not where the noisiest City fans are, so the ones up there making noise are often drowned out by the away fans up there. Somehow we need to get that 3rd tier noisy (and the same with North Stand too of course). I know there are plenty singing in those stands but we need more.

Personally, if I was in charge I'd move the away fans out of level three; and then would put effort into developing atmosphere in South Stand level 3 and the North Stand. Level 3 noise would boom out and in the North Stand efforts could be made to educate/remind families of how stands such as the old Platt Lane or the North Stand (before the terraced Kippax was demolished) contributed to the atmosphere. It's not easy and it will take time but block by block we can do it. When I did the talk in April many, many fans came to me afterwards talking about the Viking Chant for example and how it's unique to us. Many didn't realise its heritage and while that won't solve the problem it may just help. We have nothing to lose here.

The argument about splitting the levels/creating one stand always sounds like a good one but the away teams manage to generate a good atmosphere split on three levels, so it can be done. I think one of the issues which often means City fans are drowned out is that the 3rd tier of the South Stand was designed to allow sound to bounce back into the stadium. The club listened to fans and made the roof design take into account that but sadly tier three home section is not where the noisiest City fans are, so the ones up there making noise are often drowned out by the away fans up there. Somehow we need to get that 3rd tier noisy (and the same with North Stand too of course). I know there are plenty singing in those stands but we need more.

Personally, if I was in charge I'd move the away fans out of level three; and then would put effort into developing atmosphere in South Stand level 3 and the North Stand. Level 3 noise would boom out and in the North Stand efforts could be made to educate/remind families of how stands such as the old Platt Lane or the North Stand (before the terraced Kippax was demolished) contributed to the atmosphere. It's not easy and it will take time but block by block we can do it. When I did the talk in April many, many fans came to me afterwards talking about the Viking Chant for example and how it's unique to us. Many didn't realise its heritage and while that won't solve the problem it may just help. We have nothing to lose here.

Plus our away end is usually a single tier and whilst obviously much better than our home atmosphere it's still average at best compared to others.

I take your point but surely shifting the away fans would be a start so that the whole south stand is home fans only. I go back to my origonal point that the home vocal support is so disjointed because the home vocal support is split due to the away fans area. Take Newcastle or Sunderland as an example of where to put the away fans - up in the gods and most are too knackered to sing once their up there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.