The old 35 years song.

I remember having a slash at Wembley in 2011, about half an hour after the game finished, and someone started singing "35 minutes and we're still here...".

I think you had to be there really.
Came in to post just this. Walking out of the ground, heading back to the tube station, a load of us singing "45 minutes..." etc.

Remember this one?

"35 years and we're still here!" Sang in response to the rags taunting us about not winning anything for that amount of time. We need an updated version to give it back to the WWYWYWS mob and plastic accusations.

35 years we stayed here, no trophies and in the third tier, the rags had the trophies and banner too, we stayed loyal always true Blues.

You mock us now as plastics and fake, but 46 thousand to a play off final we did take.

Well its a start lol.
I like the idea

I like the idea

I liked the song, it was a form of defiance, though I was glad it ended as it meant we had actually won something. It was a simple song I'm sure it could be brought back with a bit of tweaking to fetch it up to date. We never hear the "In 1962" song anymore, we need to retain some of our past.

I liked the song, it was a form of defiance, though I was glad it ended as it meant we had actually won something. It was a simple song I'm sure it could be brought back with a bit of tweaking to fetch it up to date. We never hear the "In 1962" song anymore, we need to retain some of our past.
Agreed but I always liked it as I think it kind of got to 'proper' United fans from more recent times (bear with me), during the seasons dropping down to the third tier and yo-to-ing back up was a brilliant demonstration of our un-wavering support (never looking better than when our gates went up start of Div 2 if I remember correctly?).

Whilst they have generally been referred to as being glory hunters etc they haven't had the opportunity to show what a great fan base they could be which leads me to the one and only truth (That they will never admit to as long as they have got a hole in their arse )...............That they want to be City fans or atleast be put in the same / similar position as City fans to demonstrate their worth as a fanbase..........

Tin hat on but think it through before trashing me :-)

Agreed but I always liked it as I think it kind of got to 'proper' United fans from more recent times (bear with me), during the seasons dropping down to the third tier and yo-to-ing back up was a brilliant demonstration of our un-wavering support (never looking better than when our gates went up start of Div 2 if I remember correctly?).

Whilst they have generally been referred to as being glory hunters etc they haven't had the opportunity to show what a great fan base they could be which leads me to the one and only truth (That they will never admit to as long as they have got a hole in their arse )...............That they want to be City fans or atleast be put in the same / simila

The way they are going they might be yet lol.

They were a division below the top tier when they got relegated but it was only for one season. To be honest I wish we had never had to experience having to prove how loyal we were, although it was a laugh at times and character building, no way should a club our size have ended up in that mess.

It started as 25 years and were still here. Newcastle away 2001 goater winner at half time fans went round collecting for a banner with those words on. Original song sung in the 2nd half was - 25 years and were still here, we love the club and we love the beer.

The banner was a response to united fans having a 25 years party - booked the kippax top tier to have it there but they got rumbled and had it in Henry's bar (now gone) in Manchester.

The wording of the banner was changed to "mancity the most loyal fans in the world" and came out Southampton at home for the anniversary game. Then unveiled at anfield half time in the cup.

It carried on every year til 2011.

26 years and we're still here clearly audible on the 3-1 Derby win tape the last at Maine road. City fan sing 3-1 in your cup final Utd respond with 26 years and City fans turn it into ... and we're still here

I remember having a slash at Wembley in 2011, about half an hour after the game finished, and someone started singing "35 minutes and we're still here...".

I think you had to be there really.
Couldn’t he have waited just 5 more minutes to start the song?

Didnt we sing
City is our name
City is our name
35 years and won fuck all
City is our name

What the rags didnt get is, it didnt matter. Yeah we wanted to win thngs but it didnt lessen my enjoyment. Ive aways ADORED supporting City, through thick n thin

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.