The Opening Weekend Knee-Jerk Reaction Thread

acquiesce

The first round of matches have been completed, so after having viewed the teams who impressed, what are your Top 4 now and your three relegated?

Top 4
Us
Chelsea
Arsenal
Liverpool

Relegated
Norwich
Sunderland
Bournemouth

Besides us obviously, I was Impressed with West Ham and think they could push into the 5th to 7th range.

In the spirit of this being a 'knee-jerk reaction' thread, it'd be hard to justify putting Arsenal 3rd.

They looked bright enough going forward without Sanchez for most of the game. Once they replace Cech with Ospina they'll be alright for 3rd ;)

Think putting Liverpool fourth sounds like a knee-jerk reaction. I didn't believe the top 4 have any difference before the weekend, and I still don't.

Let's not forget their next six away matches are Arsenal, United, Everton, Spurs, Chelsea, and us. When they look back on this weekend they'll realize they needed to beat Stoke.

Based on this weekend, the preternatural good fortune enjoyed by those raggy bastards will continue for yet another season and they'll undeservedly finish above the rest of the midtable sides. May even make top 4. We'll win it despite shocking refereeing decisions and injuries.

Press though gritted teeth will attempt to blow smoke up our arses, and castigate the rags and Chelsea. Arsenal seem to always lose at home 1st game (was it Villa last season?) but they recover. The dippers, well they go again with hope in their hearts that they will be fourth. Everyone will be after Oxford he will be the new wonder boy. No idea whether the first game is a true indication of where any team will finish, the saying wait till 10 games or so have been played is probably correct. Just glad we seem to have come out of the blocks quickly, lets see how we do next Sunday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.