The penny has dropped.

Bluewonder said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
Tanzeylee said:
Think We had over 600 completed passes yesterday, wonder what the prem record is...
Might be talking shire but didn't we get near 1000 v stoke one year ? About 3 seasons ago sure it was a prem record ?
I don't think that's possible. Isn't the ball only in play for around 50 minutes a game? That would be 20 passes per minute!
Was nearly right city had 841 passes stoke had 203 .yaya broke the record with 157 passes and nasri had 132 .so wasn't talking shire after all !

moggymoz said:
Bluewonder said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
Might be talking shire but didn't we get near 1000 v stoke one year ? About 3 seasons ago sure it was a prem record ?
I don't think that's possible. Isn't the ball only in play for around 50 minutes a game? That would be 20 passes per minute!
Correct... By the way what the fuck does "shire" mean ?

It's an amalgam of the words "shite" and "dire".

As in Mrs Brown and Citizen Khan.

I am not sure the penny has dropped with many in the media or opposition fans, I often have a read of pre match threads on other forums and many feel confident of beating us because of our injury problems, if they had bothered to actually watch us they would see a team getting better by the game

1961_vintage said:
Bluewonder said:
mrtwiceaseason said:

Nas<>Yaya<>Merlin could manage that.
Was thinking yesterday, it would be interesting to see those three as a midfield three in certain games. First of all thought there was no chance it would work defensively, but Barca played with Yaya, Xavi and Iniesta together for a couple of seasons... and imagine other teams trying to get the ball off them. I suppose a lot of it may come down to Yaya having to accept more defensive responsibility like he did at Barca.

Bluewonder said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
Tanzeylee said:
Think We had over 600 completed passes yesterday, wonder what the prem record is...

Barca have hit over a thousand a few times

FeedTheGoat10 said:
1961_vintage said:
Bluewonder said:

Nas<>Yaya<>Merlin could manage that.
Was thinking yesterday, it would be interesting to see those three as a midfield three in certain games. First of all thought there was no chance it would work defensively, but Barca played with Yaya, Xavi and Iniesta together for a couple of seasons... and imagine other teams trying to get the ball off them. I suppose a lot of it may come down to Yaya having to accept more defensive responsibility like he did at Barca.

I watched a lot of Barca at that time and Yaya didn't accept much more defensive responsibility than he does now. A little obviously because he was there on his own but not much.

Ducado said:
I am not sure the penny has dropped with many in the media or opposition fans, I often have a read of pre match threads on other forums and many feel confident of beating us because of our injury problems, if they had bothered to actually watch us they would see a team getting better by the game

Just how I see it and That's the beauty of this season. We are adding new strings to our bow. We've gone up another level over the last month or so. We can now do our 'thing' without key Players. We can fight through adversity.

But most of football isn't seeing it properly because they aren't seeing the problems we are overcoming on a week to week basis with injuries. We are coming on the outside like dark horses and this could be an even better season than the last.

We are a better balanced squad with an even stronger mentality than last season's. And it's going under most people's radars because they swallowed the early season cliches: 'shit in Europe/can't defend/tactically rigid'.

When we get players back from injury they are all going to sit up and notice.

Didsbury Dave said:
Ducado said:

Just how I see it and That's the beauty of this season. We are adding new strings to our bow. We've gone up another level over the last month or so. We can now do our 'thing' without key Players. We can fight through adversity.

But most of football isn't seeing it properly because they aren't seeing the problems we are overcoming on a week to week basis with injuries. We are coming on the outside like dark horses and this could be an even better season than the last.

We are a better balanced squad with an even stronger mentality than last season's. And it's going under most people's radars because they swallowed the early season cliches: 'shit in Europe/can't defend/tactically rigid'.

When we get players back from injury they are all going to sit up and notice.

In many ways I prefer us to to be under the radar, we have to be one the most underestimated teams out there, but saying that we don't get the credit which I think is richly deserved

Our style of play is heavily dependent on the Holy Trinity:Nasri, Silva, and Toure. When on the park together, our distinctive style and tempo stands us apart from anyone else, including Chelsea. Remember someone saying that Barcelona's success had been built on finding great players who were intelligent, a rare thing, and I think that quality is true of these three.

It dropped in November last season, however some of our fans forget that when we go through patches of bad form.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.