The perfect Manc album

Hey kev my son was given a demo cd by the courteeners when they played a gig at a pub in leigh a couple of years ago.He told the landlord to get them on, obviously before they were popular.

i bought the 1st album "blind". that is, i'd never heard a track of theirs. i was in hmv buying a number of albums on the old 2 for £10 deal. needed another so bought 'st.jude'. i think it's a proper sing-a-longa. love putting it on when travelling the m62 to come back to see the blues.

Me, I'd just fill it with Smiths' songs and just call it a Smiths' album. I mean, what else do you need? they invented music FFS. And all those people who aren't from Manchester or just claim to be would love it too. Everyone's a winner! Obviously.

The Verve are from Greater Manchester so why does Ian Brown from Warrington get a mention and they don't?

BTH said:
Me, I'd just fill it with Smiths' songs and just call it a Smiths' album. I mean, what else do you need? they invented music FFS. And all those people who aren't from Manchester or just claim to be would love it too. Everyone's a winner! Obviously.

will you put sugar spun sister on it? just as a bonus track? please?

Can't believe I Am Kloot haven't got a mention....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUMvjs0e6Ic[/youtube]

citykev28 said:
BTH said:

will you put sugar spun sister on it? just as a bonus track? please?

No Kev, you'll have to make do with Elizabeth My Dear on a flexi-disc instead (ask your dad) and only because it's short and cheap and sounds like Simon & Garfunkel.

BTH said:

You really need to let it go.

TheMightyQuinn said:
BTH said:

You really need to let it go.

Just pandering to the site stereotype and Manc-ing myself up a bit at the same time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.