The photos thread

Unearthed photos capture Manchester City's lost Maine Road ground
https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...thed-photos-capture-manchester-citys-23475583
I used to love Maine Road when I first started going with my dad in the mid 60s, we used to sit on the wooden benches in the platt lane & if you ever dared to stand up while the game was being played SIT DOWN!, opposite was the open scoreboard end, on the left was the "Posh" Maine stand & on the right was the huge Kippax stand where all the rough hoolligans went (or so my nan said),
Sadly over the years they made a right mess of the ground, When the scoreboard end got a roof & became the North Stand that wasnt to bad (used to love the different flags on the roof) appart from the hi tec electronic scoreboard that seemed to last about 6 months before going faulty?
But the new platt lane was a really tin pot small time stand & I hated the new Kippax (mainly because the old kippax had gone, I still miss the 60s Maine Road but by the time they had finished with it I was not that sad to move.

FD8-FBF09-94-B5-42-C1-A050-7528-E58898-BE.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.